Advice on what to do next

kyles23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having some trouble figuring out where to go from here. We have had three fish die within the last couple weeks from what I think is ich? A dwarf lion, royal gamma & a clown. I will attach pictures of the dwarf lion which passed this morning. I would like to make sure it is gone from the tank before moving forward so I plan on doing the 72 day fallow period. The tank is a little over 3 months old. Prior to these last three fish there were others that did fine & have since been moved to a different tank and are thriving.
There is coral in the tank & a small clean up crew.

Will the clean up crew & coral be fine to leave in the tank during the fallow period?
Do I just ghost feed to keep bacteria alive?
Is this actually ich?

Thanks for all opinions & advice!

IMG_3108.jpeg IMG_3110.jpeg

CDubz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed what the clean up crew can eat and supplement corals with nitrate/phosphate additives and/or foods like reef roofs, aminos, oyster feast etc. Keep nutrients from bottoming out and manually clean algae or add more inverts. You’d rather invert poop and additives/coral food in the water column then have excess food decomposing…

CDubz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry didn’t answer your other question. Keep all inverts and coral in that tank. They have to go fallow too…

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back