Advice to hide wires

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends, i need your help to get ideas to hide the wires of all equipment.

Actually my cabinet is new but the wires are really disaster.

1a9204fad9f53b5659c5efe72a25c116.jpg

Bob Lauson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure its feasible based on the pic, but I would run the excess wire length out the back of the enclosure (between the wall and the aquarium) rather than lay it in the bottom. Use the existing cabinet hole that you have or cut one more in the lower half facing the wall.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easy way is to put a new front wall, spaced 1-2" from the existing one, with holes where appropriate. All the wires go in the space between the existing 'front' and the new mounting plate. If you can hinge the new front plate, so you can get behind to route and coil cables, even better.

Panduit, or some similar wire control system, can work as well. Look at computer network vendors, they sell tons of that stuff.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you know something about wires. I see splices with crimp connectors. Maybe shorten the power cords up?

OP
OP
Roberto CRC

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you know something about wires. I see splices with crimp connectors. Maybe shorten the power cords up?

Cutting the wires to me would give me a little fear, i think as if it damage the equipment even if it continues to work the same.

Art2249

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was one of the SKYE LED that came with the IM fusion 20. i only needed 1 for the fish quarantine. its a pretty good light but too much white for me. i have a kessil 360 over my frag tank.

IMG_0653.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used 2" Panduit where I could with my wiring. Back when my sump was under the tank in the stand, I had an electronics board on one end with Panduit on it and a 3inch "false" space behind it to hide wires. That was best of both worlds. Lol
Your hired :)

lafayettereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just wondering if the Panduit you guys are referring to is a trade name or is it what it's actually called. I work for a communications company and we use panduit brand things such as fiber housings and 4post racks but never referred to any particular part as panduit.

mknightryder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it got me to... lol I've been a licensed plumber since 99', so the closest thing to Panduit + electric to me was conduit... lol Searched that and got no dice...
I think it's just "Panduit style" wire tray. And its way cheaper to find on fleabay than it is from an electronics store.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just wondering if the Panduit you guys are referring to is a trade name or is it what it's actually called. I work for a communications company and we use panduit brand things such as fiber housings and 4post racks but never referred to any particular part as panduit.
I believe it's called a raceway or wire duct, and panduit is just a brand name.

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's called electrical raceway. It's used for commercial and industrial cable management in electrical or control cabinets for wire management. Panduit is a brand.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back