Advise on adding fish

Kozman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gallon breeder, currently have 2 clowns and a blue devil and yellow tail damsel. The problem is the damsels are aggressive to any new additions lately. I added a blenny and a cardinal and they stressed/bullied them to death. The clowns and damsels get along quite good, been in the tank for 5 months together. My choice is to rid the damsels but I kinda like the look of them and are almost impossible to get them out with a net. Are there any fish that i can add they will get along with the 2 clowns and 2 damsels?, i want to add at least two to four more fish but don't know which fish will be a big happy family together, any suggestions?

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gallon breeder, currently have 2 clowns and a blue devil and yellow tail damsel. The problem is the damsels are aggressive to any new additions lately. I added a blenny and a cardinal and they stressed/bullied them to death. The clowns and damsels get along quite good, been in the tank for 5 months together. My choice is to rid the damsels but I kinda like the look of them and are almost impossible to get them out with a net. Are there any fish that i can add they will get along with the 2 clowns and 2 damsels?, i want to add at least two to four more fish but don't know which fish will be a big happy family together, any suggestions?
I'd remove the damsels and add them back later after you're done adding other fish. Once damsels are established, they defend "their territory" aggressively and relentlessly.

dakoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try to rearrange the contents of the tank. Sometimes that can reset territories

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any tips on how to remove from the tank?
try at night first, and if it still fails you'll need to remove some rockwork.

I had to catch my coral beauty once in my 70 gallon, it was a nightmare, but necessary to prevent my yellow tang from getting murdered.

TailspotBlenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get a piece of acrylic the width of the tank it helps a lot. Get the fish on one end and put the divider in place and remove those rocks. It also helps to remove as much water as you can - get a brute container - then add the water back after you catch them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back