advised space in fish tank stand

shamrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey

just wanted to draw on your experiences in regards to fish tank stand heights. i'm in particular looking for advised height as the sump is going to be quite big (2 feet tall / 60 cm tall [considering a 4x2x2 for sump]].

i would like to get it right the first time around, and was wondering if 30 cm space between the roof the stand and the height of the sump tank would be adequate? i'm quite happy to go 40cm if that helps with space...

your thoughts would be appreciated.

thank you
sk

Fish4udog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you have you will have to be able to put equipment in & out of your sump so you will need room to work. Once in can you put your skimmer in and able to take it out for maintenance. How big a tank are you setting up to need a sump that big? 4x2x2 size of my 120 gallon tank

OP
OP
S

shamrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for your input.

after having had a chance to look at my post, i realise i did not frame my question correctly. what i should've queried;

what's the minimal amount of space you would recommend under the tank for a sump. as i write this i think i know the answer to this -> 'as much as you can afford'. :rolleyes:. in other words, whatever works. space and movement is luxury.

sk

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back