AEFW Bill Morgan.

Kruss7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else done this approach? Have only found 2 forums on it.

Nervous to try with so many colonies.

Yes, I can take them out and dip as well but the people who posted this seem to have all had good success.

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It didn't work for me. I don't think its currently possible to wipe out AEFW without removing all the Acro's. These are one of the worst pests in the hobby by far. I ended up restarting the tank and I only kept small frags of each acro which were dipped weekly from a frag wrack for two months. Now i only buy tiny frags from trusted sources and dip them all in Reef Primer and then hydrogen peroxide before they go near my tank. I dont take any chances with Acropora. If i found a worm the frag would go in the bin no matter how much it cost.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

Kruss7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It didn't work for me. I don't think its currently possible to wipe out AEFW without removing all the Acro's. These are one of the worst pests in the hobby by far. I ended up restarting the tank and I only kept small frags of each acro which were dipped weekly from a frag wrack for two months. Now i only buy tiny frags from trusted sources and dip them all in Reef Primer and then hydrogen peroxide before they go near my tank. I dont take any chances with Acropora. If i found a worm the frag would go in the bin no matter how much it cost.
Thank you!

Fragging and dipping weekly for a few months is the way I am going to go. I can easily remove my colonies.

Upvote 0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back