Aefw

Acroporaaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long of a fallow period do I need to eradicate aefws? What's the best way to kill off the left over acro base after I remove the colonies?

loglan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an expert with aefw but I went 6 weeks fallow. The time it took to dip once a week for the 6 weeks time frame. Sorry bout the pest.

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when my tank had the acro flat worms a few years ago, I used Bayers to get rid of them. And here is what I did.
I remove all the corals from the rocks (cut them out and scrape everything off of the rocks). I mount the corals on a frag plugs or a flat piece of 2x2 tile.

Each week, I take all the corals out and dip them with Bayer for about 10 minutes. I did that for 10 weeks in a row.
During these dipping weeks, corals wont grow and colors can be very dull. But once you are done with dippings. they will be very happy and it will slowly recovery the color.

note:
1. you need to scrape off any encrusted corals off of the rocks (leave nothing behind).
2. rinse out alot to get rid of the Bayer residuals otherwise it would kill any crabs, shrimps and other inverts that you have in the tank. (I would say rinse it out at leat 4-5 times before you put the corals back in the tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back