Treat aquarium for Uronema

Justin-barry.j

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
5
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So at the beginning of July I had one fish disappear abruptly with no signs of illness the day before and then the next had an Atlantic tang covered with white patches and so I bought an aquarium and set up a treatment tang. By the next day more fish began to act weird and some had white spots, some didn’t and gradually I began moving them and any that acted odd into the treatment time. By 48 hours I had our first casualties. There was concern it was fluke, in speaking with my LFS guy and doing Google image searches, then we thought ich (as these had white patches all over) but over the next 12 days I lost over 20 fish. Given how rapidly they died and how they were dusted in white spots I thought it was velvet. Only 5 survived the devastation.
It’s been 12 weeks now.

Any ways I found out about aquabiomics and eDNA testing and ordered a kit and just found out that I had Uronema and ich.

I let my tank lay fallow long enough at this point to be clear of ich but know that Uronema does not go away with laying fallow and so I want to eradicate it before reintroducing any fish to my main display tank. The survivors are thriving in a prior treatment tank and I’ve quarantined any new fish though I’m going to treat them all with Metroplex bound with Focus.

Is there anyone with experiences and expertise about this? I had someone mention to me about treating the entire tank and also the surviving fish but at this point the 5 survivors are doing well though 2 have HLLE (a purple tang and a coral beauty angel)

I read about 1 person’s experience doing this in their tank with active disease with corals and inverts and only lost a few snails. Has anyone else dosed the entire tank and left your invertebrates and corals in?

Thanks in advance.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new