Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wrasses went into the sand after every dose. Other fish were ok just skittish. Snails would drop off the rock and glass and lay upside for a few hours.
My snails alllllll went to the same side of the tank after dosing it. I forgot they did that. I think I posted about it a few months ago. Thanks for reminding me.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update:

So today I did some blasting and my second big water change so I can get my skimmer going. Skimmer still not back to normal but at least I can run it now with the valve open and hardly any air allowed in and it does not overflow! One more big w/c and we should be all set.

The blasting today was not the best news. I found 4 adults, 2 I pulled out and 2 my CCB ate. Two very tiny babies flew off but I missed them. I had 4 colonies affected by these guys plus a couple frags. The frags have been clear of bite marks and worms for weeks now and have fully recovered. 3 of the 4 colonies had no worms today and are making a comeback quickly. All worms were found on a BC sex feast milli, the colony in the worst shape color wise but still growing. I need to step up my blasting game for sure.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the progression I made and where the tank currently stands. I think continued blastings and some other tactics that I have implemented will allow me to fully eradicate these guys in the coming weeks.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another update:

Did the third w/c since stopping purge, skimmer is back on line running like pre-purge. I did a blasting today and found no worms! I had a hard time believing it so I did some extra blasting with no worms in sight. I'm still going to continue blasting every couple days.

Although I put new SPS on hold I picked up this guy yesterday. Little Aussie gold action.

Attachments

• IMG_20210830_194052.jpg
    IMG_20210830_194052.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 48

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I would update my progress on here as well. I've been battling AEFW for a few months. First I just started using a turkey baster on the colonies and catching larger flatworms as they blew off which helped slow down the damage but didn't clear it. Next I tried a round of AEFW X and KZ Flatworm Stop along with blowing off the corals daily. It helped slow the damage even more but after about a month one of my small colonies was taken out within a few days. During this time I never actually saw ANY flatworms, I guess they were that small. The damage was clearly from flatworms though.

I decided this week to try Purge v2 along with AEFW X and KZ Flatworm (I'm that desperate to end this) as a last ditch effort. I dosed Purge Saturday evening and the only real impact I noticed was that one of my BTA that hasn't moved in over a year decided to pick up and move. I didn't want it roaming around stinging my SPS so I picked it up and put it in an acclimation box. At that time I noticed on the side of it it looked like the guts or something were coming out. Stringy and white stuff. The foot seems to be having a hard time grabbing ahold as well. I have 2 other anemones doing fine, I'm sure it will be fine long term and could be unrelated but doubtful. I have basted the corals a couple of times and so far I haven't seen anything fly off. I'll keep with the treatment and update if anything changes. At a minimum I guess I'll find out if it's safe to dose AEFW X, KZ Flatworm, and Purge V2 at the same time.

OP
OP
UWC

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anenome will recover fine. I don't see why those couldn't be dosed together. If you have been battling them for a long time, be sure to do 8 full weekly doses of V2 to make sure you rid them all :)

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anenome will recover fine. I don't see why those couldn't be dosed together. If you have been battling them for a long time, be sure to do 8 full weekly doses of V2 to make sure you rid them all :)
8? The instructions on the bottle has 5 doses.

Luisreefmexico

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@UWC i dont understand how use the product.
mis one dose every week or daily administration how many time i have to turn off my skimmer? and what about the ozone ?

BossmanKyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been reading through this forum to determine if I wanted to start carrying this product in my store. From what I can tell it's a very valuable and safe product. Unless I'm mistaken every post that lists losing coral did not fully follow directions and turned off their protein skimmer instead of removing the cup, losing the high oxygen content and off gassing the protein skimmer provides (This is a common mess up I see with people using Chemiclean).

@UWC are there any other directions, such as the turkey baster, that you recommend that is not listed on the bottle?
Do you also see any long term issues with dosing this product to the sales tanks on a bi weekly schedule as a addition form of prevention?

Alexandre Staut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Olá, tudo bem?

Gostaria de compartilhar minha experiência com Expurgo

Foi encontrado AEFW em algumas colônias de acroporas, não em todas, porém já em alto grau de infestação!

Antes de iniciar o tratamento com Expurgo, fiz uma assepsia em todas as colônias, trocando todas as bases e cortando as partes necrosadas e mortas ... lembrando que todas as minhas colônias são pinadas. Depois da assepsia, fiz um DIP com Melafix com alta agitação da água dentro de um balde.

Após quinta aplicação do Expurgo, seguindo recomendações do fabricante, hoje não encontro mais AEFW no meu sistema! Como sei disso? Além da aplicação do Expurgo, semanalmente eu fiz banho DIP por amostragem em algumas colônias e mudas, e desde a terceira amostragem, não encontro mais adultos nem ovos nas bases dos corais

Espero que minha experiência possa ajudar os amigos aquaristas! A única diferença no meu método de tratamento foi a assepsia total no início!

Abraços

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 78 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back