After 10 years playing mad scientist, finally getting my Trident

am3gross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats! Hoping mine will be coming in the next month or so, we will see how the finances go.

Questions for you, How long have you had your APEX? I am wondering what the learning curve will be like. I hate buying stuff then have to ask 12k questions on how to use it, lol

OP
OP
Jonify

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it easy to set up?
I will let you know tomorrow when it arrives! :D
Congrats! Hoping mine will be coming in the next month or so, we will see how the finances go.

Questions for you, How long have you had your APEX? I am wondering what the learning curve will be like. I hate buying stuff then have to ask 12k questions on how to use it, lol
I've had it for about 6 months. It's pretty easy, and Neptune tailors your experience based on your familiarity with the device. The only negative I have about Apex is the salinity checker. It's very flaky. Microbubbles, AC wires hanging nearby, etc. throw it off. I have a Hanna checker instead that gives me the results in about 10 seconds any time I walk past the tank, so I don't really care about the salinity probe. I've disabled it actually.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back