After 3.5 years... finally proud of my tank. It's been a long battle to get here.

Paranoiattack91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically everything you can. Started with dry rock.... so everything that comes with that joy. Dinos, Cyano, Hair Algae, Bubble Algae
Do you have build thread or a plan of attack? I have a 180 gallon that is 1 year old, started with dry rock and i am still getting my butt kicked with Dino’s. At the moment it is just an expensive fish only tank :(

OP
OP
MadTownFess

MadTownFess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have build thread or a plan of attack? I have a 180 gallon that is 1 year old, started with dry rock and i am still getting my butt kicked with Dino’s. At the moment it is just an expensive fish only tank :(
Unfortunately no build thread. Do you what kind of Dinos you have? I had Ostropsis and Amphidinium. I added a UV and that took out the Ostro fairly quickly. Could not get rid of the Amph for the life of me. Tooks months trying everything, siphoning sand, adding bacteria, silica, all the things people try. Finally ended up using Dino X. It worked, although it also killed everything else in my tank (besides my fish). If all your corals are already dead, might worth a shot.

BirdFish5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at this tank again, and I really have to say, this is a picture perfect example of how much perseverance in reef keeping can be rewarding.

Paranoiattack91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately no build thread. Do you what kind of Dinos you have? I had Ostropsis and Amphidinium. I added a UV and that took out the Ostro fairly quickly. Could not get rid of the Amph for the life of me. Tooks months trying everything, siphoning sand, adding bacteria, silica, all the things people try. Finally ended up using Dino X. It worked, although it also killed everything else in my tank (besides my fish). If all your corals are already dead, might worth a shot.
I dont know what strain of Dinos, but it’s defiantly is Dinos. I was thinking of trying that since all my corals are dead anyways. Thanks for the tips!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back