Meet my yellow assessor!

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, have some news that I'm really happy about with my tank. After many attempts with fairy wrasse since September of last year, I finally decided to try something else. Meet my yellow assessor! Their name is io, I've had them for about a month now so I thought it's safe to share now that they're well established.
20240420_150624.jpg

(Me feeding him /\)

Tank is over a year old and has been fishless for the vast majority of that time so it's exiting to finally move out of that. Tank Is 120 gallons, plenty of caves and overhangs (and yes, a gha problem as well :l). Fed 1-2 times per day, extremely active and around 2 ish inches long. Thought I'd share this with you guys, updates and photos of io will be added to this thread frequently lol.

Last edited:

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have gone up a bit in price but I can't say how that relates to the overall economy or market. I have a captive bred/raised one from ORA that I recall paying $85 US about 5 years ago. They are great fish but a bit of a recluse. As the display matures, frags turn into colonies, you could see less and less of it. Cave, darker areas, etc.

Beautiful fish. Thanks for sharing OP.

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, beautiful so i looked it up....ouch not even in the neighborhood of reasonably priced. glad someone has money lol
I got mine for around $150, 30 dollars cheaper than the last fish that died within a week back in September. Rip china wrasse.. (thank God for my LFS's livestock refund guarantee lol)

OP
OP
Reefkeepers Archive

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have gone up a bit in price but I can't say how that relates to the overall economy or market. I have a captive bred/raised one from ORA that I recall paying $85 US about 5 years ago. They are great fish but a bit of a recluse. As the display matures, frags turn into colonies, you could see less and less of it. Cave, darker areas, etc.

Beautiful fish. Thanks for sharing OP.
Yk, for the first 2 weeks it was very reclusive, but now I see it almost constantly. Very active and exceeded my expectations. For the first 3 weeks it was almost exclusively on one side of the tank but now I see it exploring more. Extremely food motivated as well, usually swimming in the most open are of my tank. Maybe it's cause I feed it usually once daily (but I make sure they get enough food) in fact it bites the feeding tube when I put it in the tank lol. It's eating rods food original blend and I offer it food until it stops eating. I use the feeding tube because simply put it's a big tank and a small fish, takes awhile to chew it's food too. I once gave it a piece of food too big so it took it to it's cave where they repeatedly chewed it and spit it out until it was small enough lol. Anyway may be getting off track. Glad I could share this with the community!

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, have some news that I'm really happy about with my tank. After many attempts with fairy wrasse since September of last year, I finally decided to try something else. Meet my yellow assessor! Their name is io, I've had them for about a month now so I thought it's safe to share now that they're well established.
20240420_150624.jpg

(Me feeding him /\)

Tank is over a year old and has been fishless for the vast majority of that time so it's exiting to finally move out of that. Tank Is 120 gallons, plenty of caves and overhangs (and yes, a gha problem as well :l). Fed 1-2 times per day, extremely active and around 2 ish inches long. Thought I'd share this with you guys, updates and photos of io will be added to this thread frequently lol.
Aww very cute!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back