After 36 years this is my what I have achieved tank.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks a heck of a lot nicer than my tank. :p

maybe Paul but then it's not been set up 46 years I think yours has been set up. It's one thing having a nice tank for a couple of years another keeping it nice year on year as you have with yours. :)

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 36 years is a nice decent stretch. :p
Probably 30 years longer than 99% of most tanks around

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 36 years is a nice decent stretch. :p
Probably 30 years longer than 99% of most tanks around

Nooo lol. This tank has only been set up 16 months with the larger corals moved from tank to tank. :)I have been keeping marines for 3 years. This is my 11th tank I think it is in all that time.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swapped out my Hydra 26s for Radions now installed and programmed. 2xR15s and an XR30. All Gen 3s. Tank looks better and brighter with the XR30 replacing an XR15 in the middle I had last week but wasn't happy with.
tank rads 1.jpg

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold the tang on, it just didn't fit in with the scale of my other fish and looked out of place.

Giraffe0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swapped out my Hydra 26s for Radions now installed and programmed. 2xR15s and an XR30. All Gen 3s. Tank looks better and brighter with the XR30 replacing an XR15 in the middle I had last week but wasn't happy with.
tank rads 1.jpg

Your tank is absolutely beautiful! Quick question - what program are you using for the Radions? I'm just getting my tank started & have been playing around with some of the different programs & they seem to be either very heavily blue, or very stark white. This lighting looks perfect!

Tro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4512.JPG
Thanks, Paul, Not just the beatles of course but the stones, the who, kinks, cream, yardbirds and many many more.
I also think the smiles on my fishes faces are also down to what I feed them. I tried to feed a little flake the other day and my multibar angel to a bit and spit it in my face and said "hey man what is this rubbish cardboard you are putting n here as food, I am going to report you to the big fish god in the sky Pisces, now go and get me some real food and be quick about it" ;Rage

Atoll, wow! What a tank !!! Not sure if you're up for it but I would certainly welcome some expertise on my tank ! I live in a semi rural area and when I make trips to the LFS it seems I can never get the full story of a good tank and growth progression.

I run A 120g and am growing corals. Mostly softies with a couple clowns. A couple cardinals. And a tang. I'm having difficulty with what looks like cyano and Dino's.

I would like to improve my tank but I am not clear on best direction and I don't want to just throw money at it.

What would you say are fundamentals to a healthy system ?

I have chaeto in a refugium. Gfo reactor. I'm starting a kalkwasser drip. And will likely be adding more corals soon.

Btw. Is YES part of that across the pond music list ?

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is absolutely beautiful! Quick question - what program are you using for the Radions? I'm just getting my tank started & have been playing around with some of the different programs & they seem to be either very heavily blue, or very stark white. This lighting looks perfect!
Thanks, my lighting schedule is nothing special and in fact I am still going through acclimatisation since replacing the XR15s with XR30s.

upload_2017-10-6_10-48-47.png

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4512.JPG

Atoll, wow! What a tank !!! Not sure if you're up for it but I would certainly welcome some expertise on my tank ! I live in a semi rural area and when I make trips to the LFS it seems I can never get the full story of a good tank and growth progression.

I run A 120g and am growing corals. Mostly softies with a couple clowns. A couple cardinals. And a tang. I'm having difficulty with what looks like cyano and Dino's.

I would like to improve my tank but I am not clear on best direction and I don't want to just throw money at it.

What would you say are fundamentals to a healthy system ?

I have chaeto in a refugium. Gfo reactor. I'm starting a kalkwasser drip. And will likely be adding more corals soon.

Btw. Is YES part of that across the pond music list ?

Well there are IMO a number of influencing factors, obviously, water params but also water flow and detritus build up in the sand and enough cuc to keep it turned over. In truth, I also have a little cyno but I don't consider it such a problem. You mean YES the group? I do listened to themnow and again.

Zagreus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a beautiful tank setup, reef and great fish. That Midas blenny really is incredible and clearly likes you. Keep on inspiring us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. OK then, when its not hard to spell or pronounce what type of coral is it? I can't tell for sure if its a softy or maybe a milipora, :confused: but i like it :D
is for me and it's an SPS most people could tell that but hey whatever.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back