After 5 months and 22 days..... the tank is here (but not as ordered).

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this is your original American Aquariums screw up? They ignored requests for any other pictures and got cagey when I asked why the 1st buyer returned it. Not a class act at all! Acrylic Creations out of the same area is just as bad.
The listing was removed but from what I can see in this picture, yes... It definitely looks like the OG tank.
How much was he asking for it?

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tanks dimsensions are off? Sorry!
D
Amazingly, yes... But not so much that I'm concerned about failure of the stand to support it. I'm just still shaking my head at how much glue he let drip and puddle in the tank. Bare bottom will never be an option.
I'm happy to have a tank ... But in no circumstances could I ever endorse American Aquariums.
My spinal stenosis is off the chain this week. I spent Saturday in the ER because the pinched nerve has weakened the muscles on the right side of my face. It's been a weird week!
On the upside, given I can not lift any more water bottles, I just ordered the Sicce Ultrazero utility pump. Fill from RO, mix and pump....repeat. This tank will get wet if it kills me.

Not_Eeyore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazingly, yes... But not so much that I'm concerned about failure of the stand to support it. I'm just still shaking my head at how much glue he let drip and puddle in the tank. Bare bottom will never be an option.
I'm happy to have a tank ... But in no circumstances could I ever endorse American Aquariums.
My spinal stenosis is off the chain this week. I spent Saturday in the ER because the pinched nerve has weakened the muscles on the right side of my face. It's been a weird week!
On the upside, given I can not lift any more water bottles, I just ordered the Sicce Ultrazero utility pump. Fill from RO, mix and pump....repeat. This tank will get wet if it kills me.
Yikes. Best wishes. If you were closer, then I would offer to help. I have not had or heard of anyone having a good experience with them lately. Acrylic Creations is near them and just as awful. SMH, I had a sump guy build my custom tanks and both came out better than either of yours looked. Course he then flipped out and burned a bunch of people who paid for sumps they did not get. Sigh, all great artists are nutty.

Attachments

• 44Long.png
    44Long.png
    952.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 65a.png
    65a.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$950 plus shipping. He took a "best offer" for less tho.
Well, I hope that it works out for whomever bought it. Those seams did not inspire confidence. I truly hope they do not get a leak or worse. Fingers crossed that the salty powers that be watch over it.
There is another guy on the forum that received a warped tank. He got a full refund but Adam has yet to pick up his tank. Crazy.
Glad that you found someone to get you taken care of though. The road is rarely without detours, right?

Not_Eeyore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I hope that it works out for whomever bought it. Those seams did not inspire confidence. I truly hope they do not get a leak or worse. Fingers crossed that the salty powers that be watch over it.
There is another guy on the forum that received a warped tank. He got a full refund but Adam has yet to pick up his tank. Crazy.
Glad that you found someone to get you taken care of though. The road is rarely without detours, right?
Not for my latest project. Dragged kicking and screaming in to welding the seams myself. Thus this freshwater lady landed in this salt water site as it has the most active acrylic build threads. Lots of reading to do.

Attachments

• 65L.png
    65L.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not for my latest project. Dragged kicking and screaming in to welding the seams myself. Thus this freshwater lady landed in this salt water site as it has the most active acrylic build threads. Lots of reading to do.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much reading but isn't that awesome!
PS I love Eeyore...
i cannot wait winnie the pooh GIF by Maudit

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, here we go!
It's a big improvement from the OG tank. That said, this guy is a slob. Look at all of the extra glue. He polished the edges of the side panels but not the top and bottom, which he had done on the OG tank. I also noted that there are three holes in the coast to coast but two of them are right under the brace - poor planning there. He also can't read a tape measure. The width is 72.25" and the depth is 23.75". The height is correct at 19". 2 out of 3? At least the holes are all the same size this time.
Overall, the color is beautiful. I'm beyond over this. The bottom glop will get covered in sand. The top may just be getting a hood after all - even though that was not my original plan.
So... question for the group. Should I be concerned about those two 4" wide center braces blocking par? With 3/4" acrylic sides and a 1/2" eurobrace all of the way around... are they worth keeping or should I consider removing them?
He used Weld on 40 or 42 which is a thick syrup and that is why the extra slop on the bottom bonds. The top is proper design with access openings cut out of a solid panel and the bracing prevents use of even thicker materials to keep the face and back panel from bowing. Light transmission through acrylic is over 96% so you are good there as well. Not the best job but structure seems okay. Sorry for your problems and yes it will still look great with sand and water. To bad it turns out this way!

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can sympathize with you... C5-C7 here, so shoulder, arm and hand... Hope the symptoms resolve sooner than later!

Excited for you to finally get this tank up and running! :D

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back