After Market Sump Options?

Baigent87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend!

Was torn between the RS 300xl and the WB 100.3. Would have liked to have gone bigger but lack of space.

I’ve decided to go for the WB 100.3 (unless anyone has a strong argument to go the RS route) However, I’m not a fan of the WB sump and was wondering whether anyone could recommend a good after market option?

TMC appear to have 1 and I believe there is a brand in the US called Trigger, but perhaps someone currently has a an after market sump that they love for the WB 100.3?

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a water box, but I almost exclusively use Trigger sumps. I love them. They are sized well, and laid out pretty nicely. The acrylic is really sturdy and they look sharp which isn't here nor there if you're putting them in a cabinet. My one complaint is that the one I'm using on my big system has the holes drilled for dosing over the return chamber, which somehow doesn't get the right kind of water movement ime for soda ash not to precipitate. I drilled new holes in the middle chamber that has a randomized powerhead for my chaeto, and it works nicely for me. I could have gotten another powerhead in my return chamber too I suppose, but drilling it was easier, and as long as you go slow, you can clean the holes up with a little acetone on a q-tip and it looks just as nice as the predrilled holes.

OP
OP
Baigent87

Baigent87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post. I looked into WB builds on r2r and saw someone using a trigger sump which he was very happy with. I’m based in the UK and believe Trigger are based in the US? I would imagine the import cost would be pretty high. Certainly worth looking into.

I’ll also take onboard the mods you have made on yours as I may want to dose Kalk in the future.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back