After upgrade from Reef-Pi 5.3 to 6.0: No Administrator-Tab anymore

Litserv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded my Reef-Pi installation for my freshwater aquarium from 5.3 to 6.0.
After upgrading, there's nor administrator tab ('configuration'). It seems that Reef-Pi is still running, which means controlling the temperature etc.
I can get access to the raspberry pi via SSH and restart the raspberry pi, but this doesn't solve the issue.
Or I can refresh the browser, but it doesn't help.
There's a woarning message in red: "404 page not found | HTTP 404" after refreshing the webpage.

What can I do?

Thanks for any hint to solve the problem.

OP
OP
L

Litserv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The name of the thread could be misunderstood: With 'Administrator-Tab' I mean menu-item 'Configuration' in the menu-bar. See attached screenshot (unfortunately in German).

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-22 um 20.33.23.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-22 um 20.33.23.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 39

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This typically hints to some corruption, as far as I understand. Have you made a database backup before updating ?
From what I have heard, people typically tried uploading the old database-backup. If that doesn’t work, then re-installed completely and then uploaded the old database to solve this problem.

You could try typing the configuration-tab’s web-address manually into the browser. With me that is:
Since I have the standard Network-name „reefpi“

If that works I would recommend to make a database backup immediately if you haven’t already

OP
OP
L

Litserv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your hints.
I can reach the configurations, but unfortunately cannot repair, adjust or debug anything. Nor reactions. I assume I have to install Reef-Pi for scratch.

OP
OP
L

Litserv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it seems Reef-Pi 6.0 is buggy:
I have an image of an SD-Card with version 3.5. I copied this setup: It was running smoothly. Then I made a mistake and upgraded directly to 6.0 via ssh.
Result: I faced the same issue as before: crash, not working setup anymore.
I've to restart again :-(

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it seems Reef-Pi 6.0 is buggy:
I have an image of an SD-Card with version 3.5. I copied this setup: It was running smoothly. Then I made a mistake and upgraded directly to 6.0 via ssh.
Result: I faced the same issue as before: crash, not working setup anymore.
I've to restart again :-(
Sad to hear, but good to know :(
Did you backup the database this time ? Saves a lot fo time for set-up I guess.

OP
OP
L

Litserv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to hear, but good to know :(
Did you backup the database this time ? Saves a lot fo time for set-up I guess.
Yes, I did backup the database. But reloading the database doesn't solve the issue.

I installed and set up Reef-Pi anew, starting with version 3.5, then upgrading to 4.0, ... until 5.3. It seems to work fine.

But now, before upgrading to version 6.0, the Reef-Pi installation crashed again. Background: changing the language. This doesn't work properly. I remember, that I faced problems with the language in former years.

The configuration-menu has vanished again: "404 page not found | HTTP 404"
Gggggrrrrrrrrhhhhh

Conclusion: Reef-Pi seems to be buggy looking at internationalization , even older version...
To me, it doesn't make sense to install and set up Reef-Pi again, although I like Reef-Pi. I'm thinking about switching to HomeAssistant to control my fresh water tank, my terrarium (greek turtles) and incubator for reptile eggs... :-(

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-25 um 12.30.38.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-25 um 12.30.38.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 32

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm, I'm having issues with language as well, so maybe that's something we have to fix. Thanks a lot for the input !
So you wanted to change the language and it crashed ? I think it would be realy usefull if you could send us your database-file, maybe from both version 3.5 and after upgrading to 5.3

I'll send you my Email via PrivateMessage. I believe it would be realy helpfull if you can find the time to send it !

OP
OP
L

Litserv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm, I'm having issues with language as well, so maybe that's something we have to fix. Thanks a lot for the input !
So you wanted to change the language and it crashed ? I think it would be realy usefull if you could send us your database-file, maybe from both version 3.5 and after upgrading to 5.3

I'll send you my Email via PrivateMessage. I believe it would be realy helpfull if you can find the time to send it !
Did you get my email?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back