Reef-Pi Dosing SetUp

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Really struggling to get my dosing pump going with ReefPi (Raspberry Pi 4 with reef-pi 6.0).

The circuit is working well. I can run the pump at variable speed with a manual python script. I can run the pump at 100% speed within reef-pi by setting GPIO 18 as an outlet.

IMG_7926.jpeg

I cannot run the pump within the dosing section of reef-pi dashboard. Have tried on multiple PWM pins.

Here is my setup to enable the PWM:
1) Create a jack
IMG_7928.jpeg

2) Create dosing pump
IMG_7929.png

3) Test: Calibrate > Run with dosing pump disabled

biznatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see a port 0 in my reefpi connectors. But it should be setup as a jack using the DC port and 'Extra Ports' as the driver, not PWM. I have mine setup on DC ports using pins 1,2 and 3. Works perfect and you can still adjust the speed.

OP
OP
D

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see a port 0 in my reefpi connectors. But it should be setup as a jack using the DC port and 'Extra Ports' as the driver, not PWM. I have mine setup on DC ports using pins 1,2 and 3. Works perfect and you can still adjust the speed.
Thanks for replying! If it’s not too much trouble could you show me screen shots of the dosing pump’s outlets and jacks setup?

biznatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for replying! If it’s not too much trouble could you show me screen shots of the dosing pump’s outlets and jacks setup?

The only difference for mine is the jack is setup on pin 3 and driver is 'Extra Ports', not 'Raspberry Pi'. Then the dosing section is set to that jack name on pin 3 as well. I'm running the full robotank setup, and pin 0 is for the feeder. DC ports 1-6 are pins 1,2,3,4,7,6 (in that order).

OP
OP
D

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not sure what the problem is but got by for now by throwing together a separate dosing program

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back