Reef-Pi Dosing SetUp

InactiveAcct

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2019
Messages
520
Reaction score
501
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Really struggling to get my dosing pump going with ReefPi (Raspberry Pi 4 with reef-pi 6.0).

The circuit is working well. I can run the pump at variable speed with a manual python script. I can run the pump at 100% speed within reef-pi by setting GPIO 18 as an outlet.

IMG_7926.jpeg

I cannot run the pump within the dosing section of reef-pi dashboard. Have tried on multiple PWM pins.

Here is my setup to enable the PWM:
1) Create a jack
IMG_7928.jpeg

2) Create dosing pump
IMG_7929.png

3) Test: Calibrate > Run with dosing pump disabled
 
I don't see a port 0 in my reefpi connectors. But it should be setup as a jack using the DC port and 'Extra Ports' as the driver, not PWM. I have mine setup on DC ports using pins 1,2 and 3. Works perfect and you can still adjust the speed.
 
I don't see a port 0 in my reefpi connectors. But it should be setup as a jack using the DC port and 'Extra Ports' as the driver, not PWM. I have mine setup on DC ports using pins 1,2 and 3. Works perfect and you can still adjust the speed.
Thanks for replying! If it’s not too much trouble could you show me screen shots of the dosing pump’s outlets and jacks setup?
 
Thanks for replying! If it’s not too much trouble could you show me screen shots of the dosing pump’s outlets and jacks setup?

The only difference for mine is the jack is setup on pin 3 and driver is 'Extra Ports', not 'Raspberry Pi'. Then the dosing section is set to that jack name on pin 3 as well. I'm running the full robotank setup, and pin 0 is for the feeder. DC ports 1-6 are pins 1,2,3,4,7,6 (in that order).
 
Still not sure what the problem is but got by for now by throwing together a separate dosing program
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new