Afternoon Delight's Cade 1500 S2

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the day that our new tank comes into the house is finally here....Yay! Been lurking around here for the past several months and asking lots of questions of folks who have been very helpful (and patient) with their Cade builds as well as other folks about this and that. Thanks to all you helpful R2R reefers!

My local LFS folks are sending some of their big boys by to bring the beast into the dining room where I'll be plumbing it and getting it ready to slide into position on Weds. we have a 60" alcove that recesses 23 inches into the wall of our dining room and I built this house knowing I was eventually going to put in a reef tank. In hindsight, if I would've known what I know now, through research and more due diligence, I would have done things differently in the way that I planned the utilities and what not. We did have it plumbed for wastewater and dedicated circuitry, but I have figured out a few things that have required some gnashing of teeth and rending of garments throughout this process… Lol

At any rate, today is the day that she finally comes in the house. I have spent God only knows how many hours getting this aqua scape together and trying to get everything figured out for the behind-the-scenes infrastructure. I am planning to have the vast majority of my equipment, controllers, power boards, and what not mounted on the wall of our pantry, which is on the backside of the aquarium location. That will free up some of the space and not make us so crowded underneath the cabinet in the actual aquarium stand.

I have also been getting all my stuff together and trying to do it all at one time even though some of the stuff that I have bought and will be installing I don't even actually need right this minute. I kind of went over budget by probably 80%… Lol!

Anyhow, I have a bunch of work to do today and I will post changes as they start popping up

Glad to be starting my reefing journey....finally!

IMG_9018.jpeg IMG_8783.jpeg IMG_8758.jpeg IMG_8740.jpeg IMG_8732.jpeg

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations! Wxcited to see how the build progresses. Which ulrareef skimmer is that?

OP
OP
A

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank and stand in the house with no issues. Three large dudes did it and saved my back...thanks Nahacky Aquariums! Anyhow, working on plumbing and hopefully no issues or leaks and then I'll shove it back into the recessed alcove.
IMG_9052.jpeg

OP
OP
A

afternoondelight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp...I finally figured out how to plumb the ClariSea 5000 into my tank with the parts that came with the tank. Cade sent the 32mm flexihose to use for plumbing the main return pump, but it was about two inches too long to work with my Sicce SDC 9.0 and I didn't like the hard kink that was caused by the extra length. I used two 40mm to 32mm adapter fittings to scale down from the main drain line and used the 32mm flexihose and it seems like it will work like a charm. I ordered some black silicon 1 inch ID hose to plumb the return. Hopefully it'll work! Heased to Belize mañana and will worry about tank stuff on 4/29.

Attachments

• IMG_9068.jpeg
    IMG_9068.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9069.jpeg
    IMG_9069.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 7

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 63 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back