Aggressive Phantom Clownfish

Iannotti16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all,

I had 2 clownfish in my Fluval 13.5 (Phantom and midnight lighting). The phantom (the bigger of the two) ended up killing my lightning.

My question is when I pick up a new clownfish to pair the phantom with should I get the smallest one possible or get one slightly smaller then the phantom so it could hold its own when the phantom starts being aggressive.

Thanks in advance and stay safe

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have an answer but that’s amazing and just shows how different fish have different personalities. I bought a pair of phantoms both very close in size and they are sweethearts to each other and everything else (except when trying to establish dominance between the two). Given I don’t think they’ve selected a gender yet that could be the difference.

OP
OP
Iannotti16

Iannotti16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have an answer but that’s amazing and just shows how different fish have different personalities. I bought a pair of phantoms both very close in size and they are sweethearts to each other and everything else (except when trying to establish dominance between the two). Given I don’t think they’ve selected a gender yet that could be the difference.
I have a similar experience in my 75 gallon. The pair in there get along with no issues and they are pretty close in size.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back