Agression From Clowns to BTA

Thrashed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been trying to find more info on this and haven't found much about defeating it. So I have a pair of black ocellaris and a pair of lightening maroons in my tank. As of 3 days ago nobody would get near my poor BTA (been in tank for over 4 months) clowns have been in same amount of time. Well 3 days I noticed my black ocellaris was swimming around the anemone when the lights would go out but during the day wanted nothing to do with it. Now they are hosting the BTA at night and during the day my maroons are hosting. My problem is the maroons are being way to rough and the BTA is trying to close up more and more everyday. So has anyone found a way to calm them down. I know the size matters but my maroons female is 1-1.5 inch and male is 1 inch and the BTA is about 6 inches

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been trying to find more info on this and haven't found much about defeating it. So I have a pair of black ocellaris and a pair of lightening maroons in my tank. As of 3 days ago nobody would get near my poor BTA (been in tank for over 4 months) clowns have been in same amount of time. Well 3 days I noticed my black ocellaris was swimming around the anemone when the lights would go out but during the day wanted nothing to do with it. Now they are hosting the BTA at night and during the day my maroons are hosting. My problem is the maroons are being way to rough and the BTA is trying to close up more and more everyday. So has anyone found a way to calm them down. I know the size matters but my maroons female is 1-1.5 inch and male is 1 inch and the BTA is about 6 inches

When ocellaris would start to be hosted they would bite on my bta's before settling in.

Your bigger issue is that your Maroon's will kill your ocellaris

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When ocellaris would start to be hosted they would bite on my bta's before settling in.

I would agree, unless it is a very large tank. Large enough the Marion's can not see the other pair of clowns.

OP
OP
Thrashed

Thrashed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So the funny thing is they swap up partners a lot. My female maroon sticks with the male black and the female black sticks with the male maroon most of the time

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the funny thing is they swap up partners a lot. My female maroon sticks with the male black and the female black sticks with the male maroon most of the time

It might work for now, but the Marron's or one Marroon will beat down (kill) the others.

I really don't think you have a bonded pair of either of those species at this point.

If your maroons take to their host bta, at some they will bite you too.

Marty's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya my lightning maroons will bite me when I am in the tank. Even if no where near their BTA's. Now they don't tend to bite my wife if she is in the tank. Must like her nails better. LOL

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya my lightning maroons will bite me when I am in the tank. Even if no where near their BTA's. Now they don't tend to bite my wife if she is in the tank. Must like her nails better. LOL
Or they scare them.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your maroon at 1-1.5" isn't likely a female yet. When it becomes one you might have problems with the ocellaris. Also doubtful a clown that small is doing any damage to a 6" anemone. I would look into water quality and the overall health of the anemone before the clown.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back