AHanes SPS Collection

  • Thread starter Thread starter SpSDrew
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The NORE swap right outside Cleveland Ohio today was a good success. Pictures to come sometime next week but got a few nice scores:

JF Homewrecker
Oregon Blue Tort (since my old tort is teal ;))
Tyree Ultimate Stag
BK Chem Fruit Loops
Pengs Blue Monster
UC Shortcake
WT Mother of Pearl
AV99 Blue Monster
AV99 Mellow Yellow Humilis
Big E Navy Tort
ORA purple plasma
Pengs Rosy tip granulosa

Also stopped by Aquatic Technology and picked up five Bali sun hamilton fixtures for a future upcoming build.
Oh man you got that yellow humilis from AV99! Saw it on reef trader. That looked killer. I’m sure it’ll do awesome under your halides :cool: Hopefully I can get a piece from him at LEAR
 
Andrew, just went through this thread. Everything is looking great my fellow Acro Junkie!

Keep up the good work.
 
JF Blow Torch
IMG_6370.jpeg
 
Andrew, just went through this thread. Everything is looking great my fellow Acro Junkie!

Keep up the good work.
Thanks! That bill Murray came from you!
 
Way too many lol I picked up a frag of the battle corals love sky recently and will start a progress picture of this one. My favorite blue will always be the heart of the ocean due to the deep coloration.

This is a comparison next to an Oregon tort.
IMG_4792.jpeg
The Oregon tort looks just like my Paine’s blue monster
 
your corals are beautiful. im shocked at your nitrate and phosphate levels. thats way higher than most people have. good to know they can still thrive. i guess stability really is the key
I’ve tried going down to 20 and 0.2 but for whatever reason the corals look better with higher nutrients. I run pretty high lighting so there must be correlation between lighting and nutrients.

I am dosing 12 mL a day of a 0.25 molar solution of ammonium bicarbonate and along with regular coral and fish feedings, my levels stay pretty consistently
 
your corals are beautiful. im shocked at your nitrate and phosphate levels. thats way higher than most people have. good to know they can still thrive. i guess stability really is the key
I’ve tried going down to 20 and 0.2 but for whatever reason the corals look better with higher nutrients. I run pretty high lighting so there must be correlation between lighting and nutrients.

I am dosing 12 mL a day of a 0.25 molar solution of ammonium bicarbonate and along with regular coral and fish feedings, my levels stay pretty consistently
 
Mine has produced multiple basketball-sized contributions to LFS over two years.
Yeah it grows like crazy. I like being able to offer chunk frags at swaps of this one for cheap. Usually $20-25 for mini colony.
 
I’ve tried going down to 20 and 0.2 but for whatever reason the corals look better with higher nutrients. I run pretty high lighting so there must be correlation between lighting and nutrients.

I am dosing 12 mL a day of a 0.25 molar solution of ammonium bicarbonate and along with regular coral and fish feedings, my levels stay pretty consistently
I like calcium nitrate ! Free calcium boost .

Also have trisodium phosphate at the ready though haven't needed once tank settled
 
Yeah it grows like crazy. I like being able to offer chunk frags at swaps of this one for cheap. Usually $20-25 for mini colony.
I still have four rogue colonies in my display with multiple frags scattered around the sand bed. I’m ready to nuke them with kalk.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new