Ahhh the Black Bugs

Man I know the feeling all too well but do know that it is possible to get rid of them. My last dip was in March/April of this year and I have since seen them in my display. I'm pretty sure they are gone by now. I first discovered them like in two months of having acros and they multiply and destroy sps fairly quick as I can remember.

I have another tank with a whole bunch of wild colonies primarily from once source only and I hope they are not there but if so then its dipping time again. Sometimes.... errrrrr I wish I never discovered SPS...let alone this hobby. I'd probably own me a Sky-GTR by now...lol Keep it up man!!!
 
Hey guys, I was doing a TON of research about these black bugs when a client of mine got them and I saw a video showing the black bugs actually hiding inside an Acan polyp! When you dip the coral and it closes up the black bugs actually hide in the closed up polyp protecting them from the dip! Iv heard bad things about these guys but from what Iv heard they ARE beatable.... I'd check those
LPS close though.
 
Not sure how many from this thread are still active. I think I have these in my new tank but I haven't noticed issues with my acros. You can see a small one in the photo.

20191203_190737.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new