Ahhh the Black Bugs

reef80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I know the feeling all too well but do know that it is possible to get rid of them. My last dip was in March/April of this year and I have since seen them in my display. I'm pretty sure they are gone by now. I first discovered them like in two months of having acros and they multiply and destroy sps fairly quick as I can remember.

I have another tank with a whole bunch of wild colonies primarily from once source only and I hope they are not there but if so then its dipping time again. Sometimes.... errrrrr I wish I never discovered SPS...let alone this hobby. I'd probably own me a Sky-GTR by now...lol Keep it up man!!!

FraghouseCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I was doing a TON of research about these black bugs when a client of mine got them and I saw a video showing the black bugs actually hiding inside an Acan polyp! When you dip the coral and it closes up the black bugs actually hide in the closed up polyp protecting them from the dip! Iv heard bad things about these guys but from what Iv heard they ARE beatable.... I'd check those
LPS close though.

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how many from this thread are still active. I think I have these in my new tank but I haven't noticed issues with my acros. You can see a small one in the photo.

20191203_190737.jpg

Back