Ai blade grow 12”

rocky13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently got a AI blade grow 12 inch for my fluval 13.5 gall reef tank I plan on keeping the lid on. What is a good light schedule and settings to run?

BlazerPR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that Saxby is a good go to.
I also have a blade grow mine is 21 inch on a 20g tank if I go with saxby his setting have more colores than what the grow love gives you so then still use that setting? And if so how highly would the light would have to be from the water cause mine is right on top and sorry the question on top of this one

Attachments

• IMG_4762.jpeg
    IMG_4762.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 49

SaltySqueeble

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My setting are more like Roger’s. I feel to start, you want to be more simple so you can study the corals reactions and adjust accordingly. Saxbys has a lot going on and much harder to adjust if there is an issue. I will probably experiment with that one day, but corals are happy now so don’t want to change.

BlazerPR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My setting are more like Roger’s. I feel to start, you want to be more simple so you can study the corals reactions and adjust accordingly. Saxbys has a lot going on and much harder to adjust if there is an issue. I will probably experiment with that one day, but corals are happy now so don’t want to change.
Wow that’s awesome ! I’m glad is going amazing good for you at the moment I’ve learn so much from you already with these little tips

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I also have a blade grow mine is 21 inch on a 20g tank if I go with saxby his setting have more colores than what the grow love gives you so then still use that setting? And if so how highly would the light would have to be from the water cause mine is right on top and sorry the question on top of this one
You can still use that setting, it’ll just be blues and white. Have you looked at the acclimation feature on mobius? I don’t remember if it’s also present on myAI. You can slowly ramp up the intensity of your lighting over the course of however many days you want.
IMG_1452.png

peterat33rpm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can still use that setting, it’ll just be blues and white. Have you looked at the acclimation feature on mobius? I don’t remember if it’s also present on myAI. You can slowly ramp up the intensity of your lighting over the course of however many days you want.

Sorry to bump this thread - I just got a 30” blade for my 30 gallon today. It will be resting right on top of the tank for now and I don’t want to fry my corals (LPS). If I set the blues to like 50% and whites to 10-20, and then turn on acclimation mode, does that mean it will start at 50% of those intensities that I’ve set? Or 50% of overall intensity? I’ve searched around and can’t find exactly what acclimation mode does

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to bump this thread - I just got a 30” blade for my 30 gallon today. It will be resting right on top of the tank for now and I don’t want to fry my corals (LPS). If I set the blues to like 50% and whites to 10-20, and then turn on acclimation mode, does that mean it will start at 50% of those intensities that I’ve set? Or 50% of overall intensity? I’ve searched around and can’t find exactly what acclimation mode does
I believe it starts at 50% of the intensity you set your schedule to

BlazerPR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20g and I also have it in top of the water I will be honest coral do get use to what ever like u put them as in the percentage I have mine or coral grow setting and customs % at 20 u can do a 40 where the highest is 52 automatically and believe me the corals will be fine

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back