AI Blade Grow

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably is. The longer ones are known to sag just a bit.
Especially if it's sitting on the tank edge. Better bet is to hang them above tank using the clip holders and bars.
I've used quite a few strip style lights in the past. Not for salt water but my planted fw tanks for sure. They all bow to some extent. Support the light at the middle and you are good.

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have 2 over my 50gal Waterbox and on 50% power they’re putting out 250-300 par on the top of my tank. Growing SPS faster than my 3x AI Primes were. This Frag is like 3 months old

IMG_4839.jpeg
Are we comparing apples to oranges? My post was in reference to the 12 INCH IA BLADE CORAL GROW LIGHT...

I highly doubt you are running 2 12 INCH Blades on your 50 gallon tank. :rolleyes:

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry, is it an optical illusion or is that sagging in the middle?
Yep, Doesn't bother me. The mounts are recommended for up to the 37" I think. There is a tiny sag but I didn't want it sitting on the tank as I have a lid and don't want to take the light off to get into the tank. This is on an AIO and the back of tank mount didn't extend out far enough to my liking. It is what it is I guess.

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering 1 21" glow , and 1 grow, for a 20g penninsula to replace an ai prime 15
This should work for SPs yeah? Based on what I'm reading it should.

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it will work. Do you have a par meter? My 1 21" grow was good for hammers and torches in my 30g cube at around 65% so be careful.
Yeah I have a par wise that apparently works well enough I was going to put them on acclimation mode through the mobi app. I have some frogspawn, etc. and some other lps frags that are doing well under the ai prime but it's over 2 years old and it doesn't really hit the sides very well.

DatsoonDave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have a par wise that apparently works well enough I was going to put them on acclimation mode through the mobi app. I have some frogspawn, etc. and some other lps frags that are doing well under the ai prime but it's over 2 years old and it doesn't really hit the sides very well.
Thanks for the reply!

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got back into reefing I was like no way this is going to perform but I'll try it. It really packs some punch for what it is. I was used to T5 and mh from back when I had a reef 13-14 years ago.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back