AI Blade Grow

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if the the AI blade grow would be a good replacement for my stock biocube 32 light? Just looking for a better light for my corals and thought this would be a good replacement would like to hear what you guys have to say about it.

Dexter922

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if the the AI blade grow would be a good replacement for my stock biocube 32 light? Just looking for a better light for my corals and thought this would be a good replacement would like to hear what you guys have to say about it.
Following. Was thinking the same thing. Wondering if it would also fit with the lid still on and closed.

Pridedcloth3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one grow light that I got for supplement and honestly it can be used as primary lighting. I had to dial it down because for some coral it was too much.

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked one up to try out with my new tank. I was originally going to go with another AI Prime but I really like the look of the Blades. I'm just hoping it's not too blue when I get it installed.

ajm123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked one up to try out with my new tank. I was originally going to go with another AI Prime but I really like the look of the Blades. I'm just hoping it's not too blue when I get it installed.
How did this work out for you?

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How did this work out for you?
It didn't. After realizing how low of a PAR output it had, I spent the money on an AI Prime 16HD for my tank. I love the look of the Blades, but after using one I feel like they would be better used as supplemental lighting instead of a main light source.

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
These are the PAR readings from AI's site for the 12" Coral Grow.

ai-blade-PAR-12in.png

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
^ It's a great option for low light softy tanks...but for anemones and SPS you'd need more/better lights.

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,
If i plan to supplement Radions with Blades witch model would you recommend Glow or Grow?

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 12 inch glow mounted over my 22g. I am slightly guessing because I have a kessil a80 too but the glow, at 7" off the water and full blast, should have around 125 par halfway down the tank. Again am kinda guessing. Id also mention it would have amazing spread of that par too.

I run the kessil and the glow at about 60% and my parr is like this. Sorry i don't have the par meter anymore.

Attachments

• Bluelightv4.jpg
    Bluelightv4.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 104

Schulks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys,
If i plan to supplement Radions with Blades witch model would you recommend Glow or Grow?
I'd say the radions got your spectrum covered and get the grows just because they are cheaper.

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
^ It's a great option for low light softy tanks...but for anemones and SPS you'd need more/better lights.
I have 2 over my 50gal Waterbox and on 50% power they’re putting out 250-300 par on the top of my tank. Growing SPS faster than my 3x AI Primes were. This Frag is like 3 months old

IMG_4839.jpeg

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a 20" on my temp tank until the real tank is ready to go. Its roughly 20x20x18. I have the light at a max of 35% . Torch, hammer,zoa, rfa, all seem happy. No par meter but I might just buy or rent one. I really like this light and may want to do my bigger tank with them.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%

Back