AI Hydra 26 in a CADLights Versa 42

Jaysushi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers! I am planning on ordering a CADLights Versa 42 aquarium within the next week or two. I wanted to know your opinions whether the AI Hydra 26 will be suitable for this tank. I want to make sure it will provide proper coverage.

Thank you in advance!

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One would definitely leave some shadowing on the ends, though two should work just fine! My tank is 18" deep as well and I recently had some problem shadowing from front to back so I added a T5 retrofit. Overall though, am very satisfied with my Hydra 26s.

Also, I'm assuming you'll be getting the HDs, unless you're buying from ebay/amazon or something, which have a higher output than mine (originals) and may be fine by themselves. Either way I'd suggest getting two.

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply!
What about instead of getting two Hydra's to try and save a bit of coin. Would two AI Primes be good too?
I guess the original question should've been, what are you planning on stocking the tank with as far as corals go?

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That might be the route I go then. Thanks again
Yeah man, definitely. You may want to ask around for another opinion though. Like I said, I don't have any experience with the Primes.

Back