Ai hydra 32 coverage

sascoaquatics

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
242
Reaction score
89
Location
UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all,
Would I get away with a hydra 32 in a 90 cm lengthed tank (the coverage says 60cm) but I think it’s a waste to by another what’s your opinions
P.s I’m upgrading tank so already have an ai hydra 32
 
Nothing wrong with a single light that doesn't cover the whole tank. Obviously directly below the light will have the most par and then a diminishing intensity out to the edges, place your corals accordingly.
 
Nothing wrong with a single light that doesn't cover the whole tank. Obviously directly below the light will have the most par and then a diminishing intensity out to the edges, place your corals accordingly.
Depends really on what you want to grow. 90cm is about 3ft. I have 4 hydra 32hds over top 4 foot. Sps
hi guys, yes i would put lps and a few sps in middle but it would be zoas and mushrooms around the edge, is that fine? and would i need to run the light on quite a high percent or just normal
thanks for the help
 
hi guys, yes i would put lps and a few sps in middle but it would be zoas and mushrooms around the edge, is that fine? and would i need to run the light on quite a high percent or just normal
thanks for the help
Hydra has a 2 foot spread. So if you kept 6 inches on either side you would get very low light levels. I use the Tony Roger’s setting.
 
s
Hydra has a 2 foot spread. So if you kept 6 inches on either side you would get very low light levels. I use the Tony Roger’s setting.
sorry are you reccomending another or saying i can get away with 1,
thanks for the help
 
s

sorry are you reccomending another or saying i can get away with 1,
thanks for the help
Start with 1. They are expensive. Or buy another right away. I’m not your financial advisor. Lol
 
I would go with 2 since you are going to have purchase 2cd sooner or later
 
You can use just 1. You will not have great lighting on the extremities.

As an example I have 8 on a 6 foot (180cm) x 3 foot (90cm) tank and par is barely cutting it with 4 54w t5 bulbs.
I see around 450 at 6 inches deep and about 130 at 30 inches deep.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new