AI hydra 64 settings

ben1866383

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon All,

Back again asking for help. I have a 2month old blue marine 160 and brought an AI hydra 64 last week. I’m having an algae issue and am currently running the light with everything on 50% and in acclimation mode. What settings are the best for viewing and coral growth. I want it more blue.

Thanks again all for the help



IMG_5937.jpeg

IMG_5936.png

IMG_5935.png
 
My Hydra 64 and 3 Prime 16s run at this for their peak on my 2 tanks. You have too much red, green, and white from my limited knowledge which is contributing to the algae growth.
IMG_8745.png

IMG_8728.jpeg
P7171005.jpeg
 
You really want to cut down on the red, green, and white spectrums to promote more blue/pop. I would change all three of these to 5-10%, and see if that doesn't achieve the look you're after.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new