Lighting

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ctann99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ctann99

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was hoping to get some help on Recommendations for lighting. I have a 60x 26 D x 24 H tank currently running 3 hydra AI 64 lights ans hopes is to move in an SPS dominant tanks. I guess my question is are these sufficient? I have a good amount of shadowing and was concerned about PAR coverage. Thought about going to 2 Stratton X or consider flanking the hydra with blades? Also didn’t want to add more power plugs if I didn’t have to. Any help and recs would be huge!! All the best to fellow reefers
 
I would think 3 over a 5 ft tank would be okay. I would probably ad a set of 48" bars to help with shadowing a bit and give it a little more punch.

You already own them and they are proven good lights. you probably have them set like you like also so no reason to throw money at a completely new system

I have no experience with blades. sure other will chime in
 
Thank you for your reply and recs greatly appreciated!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new