AI Hydra64 not connecting to app

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Hydra 64 in new condition from a fellow reefer. I do not know if he ever had it connected to myAI app.

I am trying to connect the light now but it is not finding it in the device search portion of the app.

I was able to open the app, click to add device, name the light, but they don't find each other from there.

Any suggestions. I really wanna see this thing on my tank :D

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I bought a Hydra 64 in new condition from a fellow reefer. I do not know if he ever had it connected to myAI app.

I am trying to connect the light now but it is not finding it in the device search portion of the app.

I was able to open the app, click to add device, name the light, but they don't find each other from there.

Any suggestions. I really wanna see this thing on my tank :D
Are you connected to bluetooth ? Check your wifi listed and assure its on Ai and not your home link

connecting hydra 64 light to my phone via App - Yahoo Video Search Results

OP
OP
P

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see an option to get on an AI network for wifi and my phone does not see a bluetooth to connect to. My bluetooth is on and reading my watch. Just not the light. I tried disconnecting the bluetooth from my watch, but that did not change anything with the light.

I also have done the factory reset on the light. Still nothing.

OP
OP
P

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am stuck here
1615849888561.png

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plug in your AI and wait about a minute. Then, on your phone or tablet go into phone wifi settings, not the AI app, and look for IA Hydra access point. It should appear, especially if you did the factory reset. If you don't see it, something's wrong with the light. If you do, connect to it and only then go into your AI app to configure the light.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is the status LED flashing red? Look up this thread if your still have issues.

OP
OP
P

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plug in your AI and wait about a minute. Then, on your phone or tablet go into phone wifi settings, not the AI app, and look for IA Hydra access point. It should appear, especially if you did the factory reset. If you don't see it, something's wrong with the light. If you do, connect to it and only then go into your AI app to configure the light.
Nothing is appearing for me. I even checked on y wife's phone.

I connect to my kessil the same way so I do know how to do that, just not working with this light.

OP
OP
P

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the status LED flashing red? Look up this thread if your still have issues.
Status on the light is flashing blue green which indicates it should be ready to connect.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is appearing for me. I even checked on y wife's phone.

I connect to my kessil the same way so I do know how to do that, just not working with this light.
That's not a good sign. Flashing blue/green means that it believes the access point is up and it's in factory mode with no set schedule. Since you don't see the access point, then it is not really up and running. Could be a problem with the wifi module. Ask the seller, see if you can work it out. If all fails, feel free to contact me, I may be able to help with the repair.

OP
OP
P

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not a good sign. Flashing blue/green means that it believes the access point is up and it's in factory mode with no set schedule. Since you don't see the access point, then it is not really up and running. Could be a problem with the wifi module. Ask the seller, see if you can work it out. If all fails, feel free to contact me, I may be able to help with the repair.
Thank you. The Seller had never opened the box, he has 5 more, so worst case I will swap it out with a different one and let him deal with AI.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back