Hydra 32 issue

Joestajkowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far there have only been 2 reviews on BRS for the new Hydra 32’s and both say something about a “driver fault”. Anyone know if this is an issue with all of them or just a couple one off problems?

Asking because I am thinking about getting two of them.

Knd107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought a open box one from BRS and I had the same status when I powered it on.

Reached out to AI and BRS but it was as simple as unscrewing the light and pushing the driver board back into the pins.

You need a star screw head similar to the ones for decking. Remove the 4 screws and then press the board til its seated.

I guess they get loose during shipping?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw those two reviews and I saw a review for it at a different vendor which I cannot remember that had the same issue, blinking teal light.

tonydig11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 2 ordered from marine depot. Both had red/Blue power light flashing. Called AI. I took it apart and there are 2 boards on the inside. One plugs into the other and they worked loose during shipment. now both work. Hope they fix that moving forward.

partlycloudy531

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received one today and had the same issue with the flashing red and teal light. Like others, I had to unscrew the cover (Allen wrench worked) and snap the board back in place. It was a simple fix but still sucks that it seems to be an issue with all of them.

Bruce.tran1229

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received one today and had the same issue with the flashing red and teal light. Like others, I had to unscrew the cover (Allen wrench worked) and snap the board back in place. It was a simple fix but still sucks that it seems to be an issue with all of them.
So I have to remove it and snap it back?

OP
OP
Joestajkowski

Joestajkowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread just helped me, thanks everyone!

Happy we could help. I bought two from Saltwateraquarium.com and had no issue. Saved up and bought a third and did have the driver fault issue but as others have said, it’s a very simple fix. Love the lights.

OP
OP
Joestajkowski

Joestajkowski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems engineering has been cut, and also seems QC has dropped. Loose boards, unacceptable IMO. Parts coming loose during shipping, unacceptable.

Hard to argue with the price of the lights. Simple fix and I do love them but you are right, one would, and should, expect 0 issues at that price

ArnoldosAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m at WWC and this happens. They were stunned.

The manager said they have a good relationship with AI and will give them a buzz tomorrow about this.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone from Canada ever deal with AI support when needed? I'm looking to get a 32 now and prob 1 more when I upgrade tanks but I'm a bit worried after my fun experiences with Ecotech support (essentially told me to screw off and buy another one lol).

redwayjay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone from Canada ever deal with AI support when needed? I'm looking to get a 32 now and prob 1 more when I upgrade tanks but I'm a bit worried after my fun experiences with Ecotech support (essentially told me to screw off and buy another one lol).
Not from Canada, But I have called AI support for 2 different issues 1 for 26HD and 1 for 32HD and they have been more than helpful and solved my issues.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not from Canada, But I have called AI support for 2 different issues 1 for 26HD and 1 for 32HD and they have been more than helpful and solved my issues.

I asked my lfs if they could help ask AI in the event of a problem and they agreed. hope nothing bad happens though.

another lfs was very helpful with my mp10 when the wet side ceramic shaft cracked a month in, and got me a new one from Eco tech.

Nate lyons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue here, fixed in about two minutes. Take your fingers and push down on the motherboard and the four circuits will connect.

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received new hydra 32hd from BRS and had same issue don’t be afraid take out the 4 screws and push down on black board between the 2 led pucks, you will hear the board click into place. I had to push multiple places on board to get it all to snap in, put back together and plugged in blinking red /green good to go!

anassau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 2 from my LFS here in Las Vegas, one worked the other didn't, driver fault lights. Glad you guys had the fix! Up and running now. For what they charge for these things they better be good! :) Kinda lame that this happens. Glad I had the Allen Wrench to open the box. Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Back