My Waterbox Cube 10

partlycloudy531

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started cycling my WB Cube 10 a few days ago and wanted to document my build. I’m pretty set on my fish (A pair of clowns and a yellow clown goby) but still trying to decide what I’m going to do for corals. I just know it won’t be SPS. Stay tuned for some more updates!

Tank: Waterbox Cube 10
Light: AI Prime HD
Powerhead: AI Nero 3
Sand: Caribsea Hawaiian Black
Rock: Custom aquascape from AquaRocks
Lid: The Kraken Reef
Filtration: Sicce Nano pump, inTank media rack in first chamber, filter floss, Chemipure, Brightwell Xport-Bio cubes
Heater: 50w Cobalt Neotherm with AutoAqua Smart Temp Security
ATO: Tunze Nano

Fish:
2 Blaze Orange Ocellaris Clownfish from Sustainable Aquatics
1 Yellow Clown Goby from Proaquatix
1 Court Jester Goby from Biota

CUC from Reefcleaners.org
1 Nerite
3 Florida Cerith
3 Nassarius
1 Tonga Nassarius (which dug down in the sand immediately and I haven’t seen since)
1 Red Scarlet Hermit
1 Red Carribean Hermit
1 Mexican Turbo

Corals from WWC:
Long Polyp Toadstool
Ron Burgandy Favia
Lavender Duncan
Raspberry Pie Bowerbanki
Boogie Nights Blasto
Hologram Alveopora
Half Fire Warpaint Scoly
King Midas Zoas
Neon Green Polyp Leather
Redfire Cyphastrea
Rainbow Montipora

Corals from LFS:
Orange/Pink Octospawn
Green Cristata
Jack O’ Lantern Leptoseris
Blue Alveopora

Corals from Unique Corals:
Torch (I think they called it an ultra torch? They don’t really do the gimmicky names like WWC)
Green Candy Cane
Blue Hearted Alveopora
Green Birdsnest
Hairy Pavona

Corals from Top Shelf Aquatics
Rainbow Ricordea
Neon Green Japanese Toadstool
Peachy Zoas

DB0787A8-8D75-45F7-9DFC-70F03969F780.jpeg

3FFCC8BA-2AC8-40DC-BBF7-02F433ABB10C.jpeg 08CC97C9-64FE-48B2-9057-CB1ABA0D9B52.jpeg 130BCA15-A627-4270-AE55-FA2F47474727.jpeg C8BB290A-DF98-49C4-8A3E-4490D1E2E465.jpeg D0A8C346-E283-40DE-BBFF-FC6AA824B6CD.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
partlycloudy531

partlycloudy531

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added my first two fish, a pair of Blaze Orange clownfish from Sustainable Aquatics. My other tank has designer clowns and I’ve always just wanted some natural ones. They are definitely a nice bright orange, especially under the blue lights. My captive bred Yellow Clown Goby has been ordered by my LFS from Proaquatix and should be arriving soon. Those will be the only three fish I add.
C067AB2E-52CD-46CD-8E87-08331276BF90.jpeg

OP
OP
partlycloudy531

partlycloudy531

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added what will most likely be my third and final fish, a captive bred Yellow Clown Goby from Proaquatix. He’s a tiny little guy, but seems to be doing well. He swims around in the open and doesn’t seem to be afraid of the two clownfish at all. He took right away to the small pellets that I got from Sustainable Aquatics. I’m hoping he colors up as he grows.

D822967E-3CAD-4836-A93F-E90A65197B4F.jpeg

OP
OP
partlycloudy531

partlycloudy531

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the last month I’ve added some corals and a CUC. I started with a toadstool leather just to see how it would do and I told myself I would give it at least four weeks before I added anything else and a week later I was adding a couple more then it was just going to be a couple more and now somehow there are 10 or so. Everything is nice and healthy and looking great with the exception of my orange frogspawn. I moved it from my other nano tank because I’ve been battling this terrible clear slime issue in that tank for the last 6 weeks that has really started stressing the corals and I was worried about it possibly not surviving in there (it’s the orange frogspawn in my profile pic). I rinsed it in water from the new tank and dipped it before I put it in. I’m hoping that bacterial slime can’t be spread easily to another tank. I’m also hoping it will start opening back up soon and color back up to the nice orange it use to be. It looks more pink and is just not very bright anymore. The CUC did a nice job of cleaning up all the diatoms that started forming. I dropped them in and the next day the glass and rock was crystal clear. The nerite is dropping eggs all over the rock though which is annoying. I don’t know if they will hatch or if any will survive but I guess I’ll wait and see. My LFS is now only opening on Saturday and Sunday and it’s almost impossible for me to take off work on the weekends right now so I ordered all of my corals from World Wide Corals and Unique Corals. Both are definitely on the pricey side but with coupons they can be a little more tolerable. I will say though that all of the corals I’ve received from both places were extremely healthy and all of them immediately acclimated and opened up within a few hours. Nice bright colors that were accurately depicted in the pictures. Now I really need to tell myself to just let the tank ride it out for a little while but it’s so hard to look at the empty frag plug holes lol. Right now I’m just doing 2 gallon water changes every week and changing out the Chemipure once every 4 weeks and the filter floss once a week. I’m target feeding the corals once a week with some Sustainable Aquatics pellets that I soak and basically turn them into Reef Roids and drop on the corals.

CUC from Reefcleaners.org
1 Nerite
3 Florida Cerith
3 Nassarius
1 Tonga Nassarius (which dug down in the sand immediately and I haven’t seen since)

Corals from WWC:
Long Polyp Toadstool
Ron Burgandy Favia
Lavender Duncan
Raspberry Pie Bowerbanki
Boogie Nights Blasto

Corals from UC:
Torch (I think they called it an ultra torch? They don’t really do the gimmicky names like WWC)
Green Candy Cane
Blue Hearted Alveopora
Green Birdsnest
Also some random frag they threw in as a bonus that I can’t remember right now.

9FCE2633-BF5E-48C9-9226-D14E276F268F.jpeg

OP
OP
partlycloudy531

partlycloudy531

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been over a month now and the orange octospawn that I moved from my other tank is doing great. It’s coloring up but not turning the same orange color it was in my other tank. It’s still pinkish but it has brightened up and I love the new color. The bacterial slime in my other tank ended up killing a hammer so I got nervous and moved two more corals from that tank into this tank. A green polyp leather coral from WWC and a green frogspawn that I had picked up at my LFS a while back. The leather immediately opened up has been looking good. The green frogspawn was really close to dying when I moved it and has been slowly recovering. It is looking better every day but still has a ways to go. Maintenance is still 2 gallon water changes every week, filter floss changed once a week. Original Chemipure bag changed once a month. Scrape the glass about once a week. There is a little algae on the sand and glass, I think it might be Cyanobacteria. Isn’t bad right now so hopefully it stays that way.

9760FB83-839C-425D-BFB4-CC5AF81338F6.jpeg 1B5C78F2-F124-41F0-B86F-A3EB52966E2E.jpeg 1CE29FD7-5CDD-4D8A-82FD-F59AD7C8BF67.jpeg E8797A31-D045-40D5-A65C-1D4DF0EDFA67.jpeg

OP
OP
partlycloudy531

partlycloudy531

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest Update: I’ve rearranged some corals and also picked up a Jack O’ Lantern Leptoseris from my LFS. I didn’t like how the leptoseris looked in the front so I moved the green candy cane to the front and put the lepto in the back. The birdsnest is not doing well, so I moved it out of the direct flow to see if that’s the problem. It’s lost a lot of polyps towards the base but I’m hoping it can recover. Speaking of recover, the green frogspawn is slowly making its way back and I’m really hoping it makes a full recovery. Every week it seems like it’s doing just a little bit better. My yellow clown goby died :( and I replaced him with a court jester goby from Biota. Other than that, everything is doing really well. My Duncan has several new heads forming and all of the other corals are doing great.
D6625E72-6F63-4C05-B6A4-2E2E8CAE760B.jpeg
B01250A6-F227-4903-B9B2-6A2DD7E91221.jpeg
AD517031-8C76-4291-AC05-D085DAC72E1A.jpeg

lostmylenscap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest Update: I’ve rearranged some corals and also picked up a Jack O’ Lantern Leptoseris from my LFS. I didn’t like how the leptoseris looked in the front so I moved the green candy cane to the front and put the lepto in the back. The birdsnest is not doing well, so I moved it out of the direct flow to see if that’s the problem. It’s lost a lot of polyps towards the base but I’m hoping it can recover. Speaking of recover, the green frogspawn is slowly making its way back and I’m really hoping it makes a full recovery. Every week it seems like it’s doing just a little bit better. My yellow clown goby died :( and I replaced him with a court jester goby from Biota. Other than that, everything is doing really well. My Duncan has several new heads forming and all of the other corals are doing great.
D6625E72-6F63-4C05-B6A4-2E2E8CAE760B.jpeg
B01250A6-F227-4903-B9B2-6A2DD7E91221.jpeg
AD517031-8C76-4291-AC05-D085DAC72E1A.jpeg
Beautiful! :)

OP
OP
partlycloudy531

partlycloudy531

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank. I’m still debating between the Waterbox 10 and Nuvo 10.
You can’t go wrong with either, both are great little nano tanks. I like the all glass design of the Waterbox but the Nuvo Pro version is a nice little bundle with the upgraded pump, media basket and screen lid. Tough decision for sure.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back