Ugliest fish in the hobby.

Look at this grumpy face. BTW….to the OP…. I have a flat faced dog and the ladies love him



IMG_4279.jpeg

IMG_3865.jpeg
 
The rare slothy scissorhands is quite the looker in my opinion but again beauty is in the eye….

Serious answer is filefish tho gray brown color doesn’t exactly pop and they’re pretty awkward looking



6EB6C7F1-8341-4DD6-8D88-B19DC1C067E0.png
 
The rare slothy scissorhands is quite the looker in my opinion but again beauty is in the eye….

Serious answer is filefish tho gray brown color doesn’t exactly pop and they’re pretty awkward looking



6EB6C7F1-8341-4DD6-8D88-B19DC1C067E0.png
But delicious
 
Remora's, those sucker headed fish, that attach to shark bellies. They live off the carnage of a shark attack.
 

Attachments

Has to be the bobbit worm - Yuk

1787883714087.png
 
A few days ago, I saw a thread of an R2R member with a beautiful setup and all sorts of Tangs. His topic was the loss of one of his fish that are known to hit the glass pretty hard. So it wasn’t ruled out if that was its demise or perhaps a very mean tempered Sohal Tang, or another type of tang that is known to stir up a lot of trouble. Beautiful tank, and so many gorgeous tangs swimming around, but I’m trying to convey this as inoffensively to the owner whom lost his beloved fish, it was not for me. I thought it looked like the head of a Mahi Mahi, with a silver body and later that day I went to Costco, and I swear I saw a 3 pack of that fish next to the Cod and Halibut. Truly sorry for the loss of that fish, but not my taste in looks. Maybe I’ll do a Costco run tomorrow and see if still available and do a taste test for the distinction that maybe it is quite delectable in taste, yet not so appealing in my eyes, unless it had utilitarian responsibilities.
 
My first post also should’ve noted it was a post mortem pic, so even the prettiest fish in my eye look pretty rough in that scenario.
 
And Seachem Labels always have some oddball looking fish. Squirrelfish or what’s the one on the Replenish label? I’m going to address corporate about this and request Anthias, wrasses, or maybe something like a Candy Basslet.
 
I am going to have to say a damselfish... pick almost any of them lol.

Do not misinterpret me- I *love* damselfish. Behind puffers and angelfish, they are one of my favorite clades in the hobby. My dream tank is a monotype acropora tank with a single species of damselfish to replicate some of the colonies I've seen on dives. But they generally aren't pretty enough to make up for the sheer amount of audacity they have in their tiny little bodies lol

I also have to take away extra points because usually you will see a juvenile at the lfs and it will be one of the most gorgeous, stunning, vivid fish you have ever seen. Then you hop on google and the adults look like they audit 1040's for the IRS lol. Reverse ugly ducklings
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new