Not sure why anyone would want the ugliest fish

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about any of the smaller frogfish? You can get them as "ugly" or nice looking as you want, it different sizes.

frogfish.jpg

frogfish (1).jpg

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am not saying the dragon eel is ugly.. it’s more scary to me.. but he likes crazy things like the “blob fish”..
the walking batfish is ugly to me but at the same time it’s adorable.. lol I would actually love to have it:)

0EE85A7B-A7E9-459C-B2BE-DD8135DDA830.jpeg

Hey it’s my mother n law!!

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am not saying the dragon eel is ugly.. it’s more scary to me.. but he likes crazy things like the “blob fish”..
the walking batfish is ugly to me but at the same time it’s adorable.. lol I would actually love to have it:)

no the batfish is definitely ugly just in a cute way. i was really just defendong the eel

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know, there is something to be said about having the ugliest fish. Ya know, there are just people like that. Take those folks endeared to the hairless chihuahua...
download.jpg

Hey what’s wrong with hairless chihuahuas! This is my “sister”, she is an 11 year old Chinese crested/chihuahua mix.
46D045F9-6C62-4E0F-B3A2-658038F0AEE6.jpeg

She likes to keep her butt warm lol
809ED6D0-E740-4F30-9053-3F51C3B9BE20.jpeg

OP I would probably agree with your other half, I tend to like the “ugly” fish too lol. I find they have more personality.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey what’s wrong with hairless chihuahuas! This is my “sister”, she is an 11 year old Chinese crested/chihuahua mix.
46D045F9-6C62-4E0F-B3A2-658038F0AEE6.jpeg

She likes to keep her butt warm lol
809ED6D0-E740-4F30-9053-3F51C3B9BE20.jpeg

OP I would probably agree with your other half, I tend to like the “ugly” fish too lol. I find they have more personality.
Like I said, there are just "those people"...;)

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know, there is something to be said about having the ugliest fish. Ya know, there are just people like that. Take those folks endeared to the hairless chihuahua...
download.jpg
It’s called a Chinese Crested. Sorry... not trying to be a PIA. If someone has a truly bald chihuahua, then it’s terribly sick.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this has taken a weird turn. And hating the eel? Goodness me, what has happened to this forum.:)

Anyway, how deep is your tank again?

upload_2019-3-28_18-7-30.jpeg

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Isn’t his tank kind of small for that eel? Although my LFS has had one in a big cube tank for a while. Not sure how active they are? I had a 30” snowflake in a 5’ 100 gal tank. He was pretty active especially at eating time.

Btw , cant you put a lid on a rimless?

Last edited:

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my bf and myself have a saltwater aquarium set up.. I have a custom 72x20x18 long and he has a custom 42x16x24.. both are rimless.. anyway.. he had a stocked tank and I took all of his coral and traded in his fish because we both had the same tangs and clowns so I knew I couldn’t keep his fish.. now his is still running and ready to go but he wants the ugliest most predatory fish he can get that will fit his tank.. I mean the fish no one else wants.. like one of his favorites is the dragon eel.. and he thought the walking batfish was awesome but it is currently out of stock.. can you guys help me help him out? Thanks in advance
Have you ever considered a frogfish?? They are super cool and can be alot of fun! I had one for a long while and I fed it guppies that I acclimated to saltwater. They are cool and have little jets that propel them through the water, they suck water in through their gills and blow it out of little holes behind their arms. they walk more than they swim but they do both

EDIT: didnt look at page two! but frog fishes are super cool

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's literally a cutie pie...but the other one looks like a jacked up meth head, eye socketless cancer ridden rat.

I bet he has an awesome personality though, he has to have something going for him right lol! She is the sweetest little dog, I always joke and say my mom has bought her dog more clothes then she bought her kids haha. I dog sit her when my parents go out of town for cornhole tournaments and my mom literally packs her a duffle bad with different outfits:rolleyes:

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet he has an awesome personality though, he has to have something going for him right lol! She is the sweetest little dog, I always joke and say my mom has bought her dog more clothes then she bought her kids haha. I dog sit her when my parents go out of town for cornhole tournaments and my mom literally packs her a duffle bad with different outfits:rolleyes:
Yes, but do you dress her up in those outfits? If so, that's enabling and just as bad as your mom...

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but do you dress her up in those outfits? If so, that's enabling and just as bad as your mom...

I do not, do you know what a pain it is to keep a 2 pound dog in clothes lol?! I will put a shirt on her before mom comes to pick her up though. shhhh mom doesn’t know that her pupper is a nudist at my house lol.

Oldsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my bf and myself have a saltwater aquarium set up.. I have a custom 72x20x18 long and he has a custom 42x16x24.. both are rimless.. anyway.. he had a stocked tank and I took all of his coral and traded in his fish because we both had the same tangs and clowns so I knew I couldn’t keep his fish.. now his is still running and ready to go but he wants the ugliest most predatory fish he can get that will fit his tank.. I mean the fish no one else wants.. like one of his favorites is the dragon eel.. and he thought the walking batfish was awesome but it is currently out of stock.. can you guys help me help him out? Thanks in advance
Sorry to coin a ubiquitous phrase but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Cmccarthy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever thought of the Sea Goblin. It is a scorpiofish with a horrendous sting. It is so ugly and creepy that it is awesome. I have kept them and as long as you don’t startle it or mess with it while cleaning you are good. It is a voracious predator. It even has legs. So cool

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back