AI Hydras 32

w00dman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who here using hydras 32HD?

I have two and they are driving me crazy. The fan speed isn’t controlled as needed, just kicks in at full speed.

Do we lost the WiFi connectivity?

OP
OP
W

w00dman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 9 months of using 26HD, inclusive during the summer with 39.ºC outside and about 26 inside home ( I forgot to close the shades) a didn’t ear the 26HD. With the same schedule and running it at 100%.

With 32HD today they were running at 75%, my house is at 20°c and they were like always on. Just stop for a few moments and then bang. Fans at full speed.

I think if they starts to run since the heatsink gets a little warm this doesn’t happen. 26HD does this. I know because one they I’ve tried to clean it and the fan sliced my finger.

A9531805-8EA4-4817-B547-860C3AC320CE.png
This was taken at 30cm away from the fixture

Last edited:

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this? I want to pull the trigger on these but that fan is so loud on video. Any have the prime 16hd version?

Reefpuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 9 months of using 26HD, inclusive during the summer with 39.ºC outside and about 26 inside home ( I forgot to close the shades) a didn’t ear the 26HD. With the same schedule and running it at 100%.

With 32HD today they were running at 75%, my house is at 20°c and they were like always on. Just stop for a few moments and then bang. Fans at full speed.

I think if they starts to run since the heatsink gets a little warm this doesn’t happen. 26HD does this. I know because one they I’ve tried to clean it and the fan sliced my finger.

A9531805-8EA4-4817-B547-860C3AC320CE.png
This was taken at 30cm away from the fixture

Wow that is pretty loud. Would definitely be a deal killer for me. Wonder if others have the same issue.

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks alot for the update, but hes sponsered by AI. Any one who actually owns the new hydra has the firmware fix yet?

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wished he would have done a test to show how quiet it is now, but all he said was it was fixed.
Im curious to see how it all develops. Im considering getting a 64 as an upgrade to my xr15 pro. The new AI lights look very nice...

RyanReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 AI 32 sitting on the table in front of me. Each had a software update when I first set them up on the app. But I set one up last week (Oct,31,19) and one today (Nov,8,19). The one I just set up I can not hear the fan unless my ear is within 24 in of the fan, even then it is quiet, it also runs for longer. The One I set up a week ago I can hear about 5 feet away and the fan is obviously running faster, but it runs for sorter time intervals. I'm going to update the louder one and see if it acts like the second one now. Hope this helps, I do really like the lights.

Ok, the first one I set up is due for an update I am running it now.

It is much quieter the same as the second one now!!!

The light I just updated is
file system 1.0.0
firmware 1.0.8
WLAN 3.1.0
Radio 3.1.0
Product OS 1.0.8

Last edited:

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 AI 32 sitting on the table in front of me. Each had a software update when I first set them up on the app. But I set one up last week (Oct,31,19) and one today (Nov,8,19). The one I just set up I can not hear the fan unless my ear is within 24 in of the fan, even then it is quiet, it also runs for longer. The One I set up a week ago I can hear about 5 feet away and the fan is obviously running faster, but it runs for sorter time intervals. I'm going to update the louder one and see if it acts like the second one now. Hope this helps, I do really like the lights.

Ok, the first one I set up is due for an update I am running it now.

It is much quieter the same as the second one now!!!

The light I just updated is
file system 1.0.0
firmware 1.0.8
WLAN 3.1.0
Radio 3.1.0
Product OS 1.0.8
Awesome, thanks alot for the info. Which mounts are you using them on? Ill most likely grab me a pair of 32hd.

RyanReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks alot for the info. Which mounts are you using them on? Ill most likely grab me a pair of 32hd.

I have a giesemann stellar 48 to go with them but none of it is over the tank yet, going to set it all up this weekend.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would require me to buy a new laptop. Thanks for letting me know. Now I have to shop for other lights that I can use.

Technewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I would prefer bluetooth. Wifi is great and all that you can check it while your away but once you have no wifi, you cant even control them anymore. Living in northern Ca where pge keeps shutting off power, when my wifi goes out I cant even access my apex while my tank is running on a generator. It just runs on saved settings. If you have a smartphone you dont need a laptop to run it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back