AI LEDs and Clams

christo203

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2011
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Location
Des Moines, IA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I am looking for anyone out there that has a clam with AI LEDs over the tank. I am running AI and just got a clam and have been told by people that they have burnt their clams.

Looking for lighting intensities and tank information to help!!!

Thanks
 
I never had that issue when I ran my AIs. And my clam was 8 inches from the water surface. I would run the blues at 100% sometimes. Normally though it was 40 white and 55 for both blues. That was my peak(high noon) for about 4 hours.
 
I run 2 AI Sols over my 36x24x24 tank and have my blue maxima about 10" below the surface with the lights about 14" awl. At peak (6 hours), my royal and blues are at 70% and whites at 40%. I just changed my optics to all 70 degrees, but not because of the clam. I did ramp up to these values over a period of a month when I first set up the Sols, though, and I believe that is very important with anything being acclimated to LEDs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new