AI Nero 3 Guard

dumroll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reef Team,

I've recently purchased a second hand AI Nero 3 for a new tank that I'm in the process of setting up and wanted to know what experience people have had with these and requiring a guard of some sort to prevent livestock from getting hurt by it?

I'm located in Melbourne Australia and so have not had much luck finding somewhere that sells one so would appreciate any guidance! Buying direction from the "aquaillumination" website will cost me $60 in shipping for a $2.30 guard... Thanks in advance.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reef Team,

I've recently purchased a second hand AI Nero 3 for a new tank that I'm in the process of setting up and wanted to know what experience people have had with these and requiring a guard of some sort to prevent livestock from getting hurt by it?

I'm located in Melbourne Australia and so have not had much luck finding somewhere that sells one so would appreciate any guidance! Buying direction from the "aquaillumination" website will cost me $60 in shipping for a $2.30 guard... Thanks in advance.
Nero 3's come with a guard. I'm assuming it's not included?

I'd ask an LFS to get a spare part for you - they are available locally in Australia.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reef Team,

If you have no luck with a spare and If you have access to a 3D printer you could try the following:

OP
OP
dumroll

dumroll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nero 3's come with a guard. I'm assuming it's not included?

I'd ask an LFS to get a spare part for you - they are available locally in Australia.
Bought it second hand so unfortunately not... Will try seeing if the LFS can source it when they place an order at some point. Unfortunately no 3D printer which is a bummer...
You can also get aftermarket guards from companies like Printed Reef, etc.
Tried Printed Reef but also got stuck with the crazy shipping fee. Will keep trying to find others but let me know if you know of some good sites to try.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back