• No

• Don’t care

Results are only viewable after voting.

mando2776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, After seeing an intro video via reef keepers, I'm pretty excited about this new submersible flow pump. I run vortechs on my tank and enjoy them. Who else is excited about these?

ai-nero-5-pump.jpg

ai_powerhead_600x600_2.jpg

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look cool for sure, I'm gonna keep an eye on them around Black Friday/Cyber Monday and see if the price comes down a bit haha

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if these are just the Waveline puck pumps relabled/rebranded with a different controller. The Wavelines were problematic. I'll stick with the Ecotech MP pumps thank you very much.

OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my mp 40’s. They been reliable since the start. This could be on a new build if they are reliable.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More MP10 substitute than MP40 .....

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$300 price tag for a waveline puck knock off? It's an improved design that just can't be justified.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited for all the trendies to go buy these and put their mp40's up for sale so I can snag a deal! ;Troll;Pompus:rolleyes:
Nobody resells used ecotech equipment for less than retail lol

I wonder if these are just the Waveline puck pumps relabled/rebranded with a different controller. The Wavelines were problematic. I'll stick with the Ecotech MP pumps thank you very much.
If I recall it was the controllers that are/were faulty?

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually don't like the inline controller hanging off the side of the tank. I can see the buttons stop responding soon after, forcing you to use the app. I prefer a mountable controller.

Not to mention, AI usually has product problems at first that need to be ironed out with slight revisions. If anybody's interested in this, I would wait on it a bit.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they were in the $99-199 range they probably would have a better luck selling them. Hard to compete with the MP10 QD $235/$285 or the MP40 QD for $349 with more GPH. Several different modes, wireless, backup battery option, no cords in the water, easy to maintenance and option to replace wet/dry sides.

OP
OP
mando2776

mando2776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they were in the $99-199 range they probably would have a better luck selling them. Hard to compete with the MP10 QD $235/$285 or the MP40 QD for $349 with more GPH. Several different modes, wireless, backup battery option, no cords in the water, easy to maintenance and option to replace wet/dry sides.
Exactly! I like the ease of cleaning of the ecotech mp pumps, I’ve dumped a few in vinegar/water mix to remove coralline algae, and they come out like new. I don’t like the power cord inside tanks too looks more cluttered. I’ll stick to ECM Vortech’s too.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well some of us don't like Votech because you cannot aim the flow, that's why we like the ones with internal cables because can point / aim at the position you wan't, but the price is definitively a con, at 200 tops would be a decent choice but 300 good luck selling this pumps.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Technically they are not competing since Ecotech owns them, more like a different option.

But I agree with what you are saying.

I also think they are a little pricey..

They do look sleek but it is something you want hidden anyway.

I am surprised that they have not came up with a way to aim a Vortech by now.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically they are not competing since Ecotech owns them, more like a different option.

But I agree with what you are saying.

I also think they are a little pricey..

They do look sleek but it is something you want hidden anyway.

I am surprised that they have not came up with a way to aim a Vortech by now.
I understand ETM owns AI and as you mentioned just more of a different option. To me this seems like a bad move. I would think a rebranded product like the Wavelines would have been picked up by Coral Vue. Since a majority of their products are overpriced and acquired from other companies. Just my 2 cents.

Back