Ai orbit works with Icecap battery

Rohirrimus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,

I have been looking at ai pumps for some time and have been worried about battery backup.
Officially both icecap , AI, and BRS told me it’s not supposed. So naturally I got the pump anyway, ai orbit 4 and connected it to my icecap battery V3.

No issues, connectors matching perfectly, Bluetooth still works in simulated powercut.

Next I will probably test the AI axis, but at 24v it should work too.

KenBabich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,

I have been looking at ai pumps for some time and have been worried about battery backup.
Officially both icecap , AI, and BRS told me it’s not supposed. So naturally I got the pump anyway, ai orbit 4 and connected it to my icecap battery V3.

No issues, connectors matching perfectly, Bluetooth still works in simulated powercut.

Next I will probably test the AI axis, but at 24v it should work too.
Thanks for the info. That is a main hesitation (question) for me. Also, the mesh screen (protectors) from Maxspect should work per AI tech support phone call, as the diameter of the gyres are nearly the same. That was hesitation #2 for me. :) Again, thanks for the public service announcement!

OP
OP
R

Rohirrimus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. That is a main hesitation (question) for me. Also, the mesh screen (protectors) from Maxspect should work per AI tech support phone call, as the diameter of the gyres are nearly the same. That was hesitation #2 for me. :) Again, thanks for the public service announcement!
I figured that there are probably more people looking for the info :)
I was between AI and Red Sea pump and decided to go with AI.
since the pump doesn’t officially support batteries it doesn’t detect battery power, so I like the flexibility of adjusting power via Bluetooth in case of a long powercut ( when WiFi would also be down)

I really hope manufacturers take batteries more seriously, in my opinion no pump costing more than Jebao has any excuse to not provide battery option.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Icecap and Orbit are more aligned than the Maxspect Gyres as far as interchangeable parts go. Blades and cages.

I have older Maxspect XF280 and newer cloud edition XF350's and they are different. You can't clip on the flow directors for example on the Orbits nor can you use the blades between the two. Also the motor block is faster on the Maxspect in that it can have a faster reaction time between pule modes of .5 seconds vs Orbits and Icecap 2 second.

The Icecap 4k and Orbit 4 I was able to interchange blades and cages. The only difference that I could see was the driver connection. Icecap you can connect to Hydros Wave Engine the Orbits you can't.

There is a difference but the off brand of Icecap, Orbit, Red Sea, and others being similar compared to the Maxspect from what I can see.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back