Ai prime 13.5 gallon settings (need recommendations)

jacobcoral

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2025
Messages
373
Reaction score
109
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fuval 13.5 gallon ai prime light settings. I belive this is the bed ab+ schedule should I tone it down a bit or do anything different?

IMG_4025.png
 
What corals do you plan on having? Running the light that high on a small tank you will be getting alot of par maybe to much.
 
Mushrooms too
Yeah you definitely will need to probably tone it down for most mushrooms. I believe theres a good video on Ai primes tested on a variety of tanks on YouTube from brs. Id assume your probably pushing over 200 par but I might be wrong.
 
My 18" nano cube running 2 16hds.
First 4 100% the rest 50%.

Don't run at max like you have set. It will melt the lens.
You can replace the lens as I melted a few, lol.
20220926_094502.jpg
So do you think like 80 % will be good for the corals I desire?..

Torches zoas and monti
 
So do you think like 80 % will be good for the corals I desire?..

Torches zoas and monti
I have a AI prime on my IM Fusion 15 its similar to your tank. If you want I can check 80% with my par meter and tell you the numbers I am getting.
 
I have a AI prime on my IM Fusion 15 its similar to your tank. If you want I can check 80% with my par meter and tell you the numbers I am getting.
That would be very helpful, I’m planning on adding a few rocks. Can you cut the tank into 4 sections and give me a rough idea per level?
 
Do you have a pic of your system?
So do you think like 80 % will be good for the corals I desire?..

Torches zoas and monti
Yes. 80% first 4 and 40% for the rest.
White can be adjust to your viewing taste.
Another system 30g running the
100%/50%.
I also ran a 48×24×12 frag system same settings.
That setting will grow anything you want.
20230716_104536.jpg
20230123_094643.jpg
 
Do you have a pic of your system?

Yes. 80% first 4 and 40% for the rest.
White can be adjust to your viewing taste.
Another system 30g running the
100%/50%.
I also ran a 48×24×12 frag system same settings.
That setting will grow anything you want.
20230716_104536.jpg
20230123_094643.jpg
40 % on the red and green?!
 
I keep a prime on a 15 gallon softie tank, mostly mushrooms and zoa's and a few lps, I keep it at 80% for 10 hours a day peak.
 
That would be very helpful, I’m planning on adding a few rocks. Can you cut the tank into 4 sections and give me a rough idea per level?
Yes my tank height is a little bit taller then the fluval I think its 15" so it might be slightly off but not a ton. My tank is also more narrow but it will still give you a idea. Im currently at work but I'll do this when I get a chance tonight. Ill post a Pic with the numbers
 
Yes my tank height is a little bit taller then the fluval I think its 15" so it might be slightly off but not a ton. My tank is also more narrow but it will still give you an idea. Im currently at work but I'll do this when I get a chance tonight. Ill post a Pic with the numbers
You’re awesome man thank you !
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new