AI Prime 16 HD - Fluval 13.5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jay-84
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jay-84

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I purchased an AI prime for my Fluval 13.5 aquarium a few months back and I’m struggling with tweaking it to the right settings.

My current big issue is algae, it’s a nightmare 😂.

If you’ve managed to find a happy medium, what is your setup? I’m intrigued!
 
How deep is the tank? I use AI Prime on a 15 gallon, 12" deep tank, I have it set at 85% for 12 hours per day, with one hour ramp up and down (so lights are at peak for 10 hours).

You can also go the AI website and download some pre-set programs for you to use.
 
How deep is the tank? I use AI Prime on a 15 gallon, 12" deep tank, I have it set at 85% for 12 hours per day, with one hour ramp up and down (so lights are at peak for 10 hours).

You can also go the AI website and download some pre-set programs for you to use.
So my tank is just a shade smaller than yours.

I have mine set on for five hours with a ramp up time of 1:30.

I tried using the pre downloadable schedules but found them not to be too helpful for my sized tank.
 
This was the schedule I ran on my two AI primes on my 30 gallon long it's only 13 in deep. It works for me to grow corals. It was a little on the weak side and a little blue, but it worked and look nice. You can tweak it as you want with the whites in the reds.
Screenshot_2026-03-15-20-22-29-34_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
 
How deep is the tank? I use AI Prime on a 15 gallon, 12" deep tank, I have it set at 85% for 12 hours per day, with one hour ramp up and down (so lights are at peak for 10 hours).

You can also go the AI website and download some pre-set programs for you to use.
How do you check the total % the light is running on?
 
Once you're satisfied with your schedule, use two fingers on the screen to drag up or down to change overall intensity. Your percentages of individual spectral components stay the same, only the intensity changes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new