AI Prime 16 HD Lens Melted

Ook Sag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My AI prime 16 HD lens melted. The diodes all still work I am wondering if this is fixable? Unfortunately salt creep wiped off the serial number so I can’t get warranty on it. But I would like to get a new lens instead of buying an entire new unit.
Here’s a picture of what the lens melt looks like.

31753B2C-CB30-4EE9-B403-69A321163E63.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy a new lense from them.

I wish AI would fix this issue, this seems to be a ridiculously common problem if you use their light at full power. The lense issue is why I won't ever buy one of their lights again.

OP
OP
O

Ook Sag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy a new lense from them.

I wish AI would fix this issue, this seems to be a ridiculously common problem if you use their light at full power. The lense issue is why I won't ever buy one of their lights again.
I didn’t realize this was a common issue. I couldn’t find other occurrences of this on the 16HD.

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a 13 with this same problem doubt I'll find parts for it. -_- good luck.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure they did a firmware update a few months back that limited the lights power to help with this. People weren’t too happy because you couldn’t overdrive as much.

Lenses are cheap like $3 or so just buy a couple spares and swap them out. I need to order some myself for when this happens to mine.

OP
OP
O

Ook Sag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure they did a firmware update a few months back that limited the lights power to help with this. People weren’t too happy because you couldn’t overdrive as much.

Lenses are cheap like $3 or so just buy a couple spares and swap them out. I need to order some myself for when this happens to mine.
Interesting, do you happen to know the latest firmware version? I would like to avoid burning any of my other 5 Primes out. I ramp up and max UV and V at 167% for 6 hours then ramp down. Should I turn the max down?

Mike konesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8/10 of my prime 16's have burned a hole in the lenses. 2 holes per. Giving AI a chance to make it right. None of the lights are run above 90% on the uv and violet channels. They need to fix this.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back