AI Prime 16HD + Blade Grow = Better?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kongo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kongo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2024
Messages
57
Reaction score
50
Location
Stavanger, Norway
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run two AI Prime 16HDs over my Waterbox 35.2, and while I do like the lights overall, I sometimes struggle to get that crisp look I’m after.
I’m seriously considering adding an AI Blade Grow to the setup — mainly not for more intensity, but for better spread, softer shadows, and a more natural/premium-looking white light.


For those of you running Prime + Blade combinations:


  • Did it make a noticeable difference visually?
  • Did the white light look more ‘filled out’ and less harsh/flat?
  • Would you say it helped achieve a more natural reef appearance?

Photos and experiences would be greatly appreciated 🙂


Thank you!
 
Bring up your reds a little bit, it will clean everything up and warm up your whites.
Back in the day they used to say reds stunt growth. Curious if anything has been studied on this
 
I currently run two AI Prime 16HDs over my Waterbox 35.2, and while I do like the lights overall, I sometimes struggle to get that crisp look I’m after.
I’m seriously considering adding an AI Blade Grow to the setup — mainly not for more intensity, but for better spread, softer shadows, and a more natural/premium-looking white light.


For those of you running Prime + Blade combinations:


  • Did it make a noticeable difference visually?
  • Did the white light look more ‘filled out’ and less harsh/flat?
  • Would you say it helped achieve a more natural reef appearance?

Photos and experiences would be greatly appreciated 🙂


Thank you!
Hi, I have an ai blade Grow and a Hydra 32 HD on my 25gal waterbox penisula, currently they are doing great. I added the blade due to my aquascape, theres a row of corals that can't be covered with light and the hydra 32HD couldn't reach all corners. By adding the blade it did make a difference and also, actually made my tank look better.

Here's a video of my tank.
 
Blade will work well with the 16's.
What are your current settings?
Adding another 16 would be another option and one I would recommend. I currently run 2 on a 20×12×12.
I ran 2 on my old 18" cube. The key to 16's is the settings. I ran first 4 at 100% the others at 50%.
Plenty of light and will grow whatever you want.
Pic of your current setup?
Old 18
20220926_094455.jpg
 
Hi, I have an ai blade Grow and a Hydra 32 HD on my 25gal waterbox penisula, currently they are doing great. I added the blade due to my aquascape, theres a row of corals that can't be covered with light and the hydra 32HD couldn't reach all corners. By adding the blade it did make a difference and also, actually made my tank look better.

Here's a video of my tank.

Beautiful!! 😍I love the crisp white light setting you run on that tank! That's how I want it to look on mine as well.
 
Blade will work well with the 16's.
What are your current settings?
Adding another 16 would be another option and one I would recommend. I currently run 2 on a 20×12×12.
I ran 2 on my old 18" cube. The key to 16's is the settings. I ran first 4 at 100% the others at 50%.
Plenty of light and will grow whatever you want.
Pic of your current setup?
Old 18
20220926_094455.jpg
Looks great!
I run Pennywise's 81% Daylight pop.

14987.jpg

13427.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new