AI prime 16HD keeps losing settings

smokingReefer420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought a AI prime 16 HD from BRS only a week ago. It only connects through Bluetooth. I guess they disabled the Wi-Fi function as I can’t get it to work that’s not my concern here my issue is the last three nights when the lights are supposed to turn off, they stay on and I go check the light and the status LED is blinking, blue and green, when I go in the app, the check on the light it says cannot connect to light through BLE. Every time I have to remove the device and reset it up in the app but now the last two nights it’s doing the same thing.

I know disconnecting the power supply will cause it to do this, but I have not had any interruptions and power that I know of and I have not disconnected the light. The brand AI is new to me to be honest the last light I had is a T5 this is my first smart LED light

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d suggest contacting BRS or Ai support. That is not normal behavior from a 16HD.

The 16HDs do not have a WiFi connection like the older HDs did.

My 16HD keeps its settings even with being powered off for periods of time, only have to log in every once in a while to make sure the clock stays in sync.

OP
OP
S

smokingReefer420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d suggest contacting BRS or Ai support. That is not normal behavior from a 16HD.

The 16HDs do not have a WiFi connection like the older HDs did.

My 16HD keeps its settings even with being powered off for periods of time, only have to log in every once in a while to make sure the clock stays in sync.
Thanks good to know it’s not a common issue because it did it again today. So sounds like I have to try resetting the light and starting over from scratch and if that does not help I’m gonna have to contact BRS support.

stefangrut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I bought a AI prime 16 HD from BRS only a week ago. It only connects through Bluetooth. I guess they disabled the Wi-Fi function as I can’t get it to work that’s not my concern here my issue is the last three nights when the lights are supposed to turn off, they stay on and I go check the light and the status LED is blinking, blue and green, when I go in the app, the check on the light it says cannot connect to light through BLE. Every time I have to remove the device and reset it up in the app but now the last two nights it’s doing the same thing.

I know disconnecting the power supply will cause it to do this, but I have not had any interruptions and power that I know of and I have not disconnected the light. The brand AI is new to me to be honest the last light I had is a T5 this is my first smart LED light
I'm having the same exact issue here. I have 5 AI 16hds a.d one is doing exactly what you've described. I called AI support today to know solutions other than create a case and send it in. I've reset the light every night for the past week now. When you call AI support, be prepared to be on hold for a while. Took 45 minutes of that horrible music for them to get to me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.1%
Back