AI Prime 16HD on a bio cube 32

Flashover49

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to switch my lighting the stock hood was retaining to much heat. I’m looking on suggestions for setting. Corals are bleaching out now and where flourishing with stock hood. I have it mounted 7” above the water line and am using a google light setting and I think I’m failing big time. I could use some advice on this. Temps are fantastic. Just can’t figure out best settings. It’s not as blue as pictured.

6D88F3E2-A278-4694-B67D-D3EEC2254089.jpeg A13EF9B4-D187-45F0-9F88-AD7A4AB6AD57.png
 
Corals are prolly being shocked with that light upgrade. Check out BRS they do awesome videos on the primes. Also raise led up for now.
 
I had a prime on a 32 and it’s more than likely the corals are getting way too much light. The stock light was garbage as far as output. Kick the light way down and slowly acclimate.
 
I’m going to raise it to 13” but am looking for a good spectral setting nothing online has been helpful for hard corals
 
Here is what mine is ran at same tank same light

9302F4CC-DE6F-42E8-A745-85649F4DE089.png
 
The light has an acclimation mode which will slowly ramp up over time till your selected setting. I would suggest using it.

How I run mine over a waterbox 20:
Screenshot_20200722-214632_myAI.jpg
 
Hope this helps. It’s like that till 10 and then basically everything drops way down except for the royal blue. Then off around 11:20

0DC3E532-6D09-46E3-9D0A-472B260A701A.png
 
Have you seen good coral growth?
 
That’s awesome changing this all tonight when i get home
 
I Should be getting my new AI prime HD today for my 32 and I am terrified of bleaching out everyone. I am planning in modding my original hood to hold my light.
 
I definitely like a darker more blue tank just slowly add more white till it gets more pleasing to your eyes
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new