Ai prime 16hd w/ waterbox 25

  • Thread starter Thread starter bvanfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bvanfish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2022
Messages
837
Reaction score
404
Location
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a waterbox 25 and an ai prime 16 with my schedule attached. It is slightly lower than normal but I am trying to read more on BTA to make sure they will get enough par.

all my coral are growing really well from top to bottom so I would assume it would be fine. I am waiting for my LFS to get their par meter back but does anyone else have a set up similar and have any recommendations?

B992E5C0-18FD-4748-8363-B26E63B35539.jpeg
 
You purchased a great light and there are several sources for really helpful information. Your first stop should be the BRS videos. They have a video about your light that includes suggested settings and explanations. Two other places to see other light profiles would be the AquaIllumination website. Look at their signature series settings. Your light is there. Finally World Wide Corals also has a profile for your light. Enjoy!
 
I have seen their video and used their settings but I have been seeing kind of conflicting information on the ai not being powerful enough. Just want to make sure I’m not hurting any animals!
 
I use a 16D over my 20G QT. The light is about 8” above the water surface and it’s about 13” deep. At the bottom center using the BRS settings it’s around 130PAR and around 85PAR on the edges. One other thing. I don’t overdrive the LEDs because I’ve heard that the heat can melt the lenses. So I max settings at 100
 
Do you know what it is at the top? I just need to get that par meter to really verify. I mean my shrooms, acans, blue ridge etc on the bottom are doing well and the top has some sps that is doing well. But I want to verify
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new