Ai prime 16hd

Reeferburns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I’ve got two questions involved with this light. Can I set a moon light for a certain duration like I can with my marine orbit? If so could you explain how I’m having difficulty’s trying to set it up. Also is it fine I only run one on a 29 gallon standard tank and run sps,lps and soft corals. Right now I do have shading happening in the tank is that okay? 30 inches long 18 inch depth and I think 8 or 10 inches wide.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one answer. The 16 only spreads out 24 inches. So at 30 you will lose paron the ends.
I never looked at mine to see if it has moon light. My apex controller puts out enough light to act like the moon

TooMuchDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bit of trouble myself setting that. You can move the points on the graph that has a sun and moon to change when it goes into "moonlight mode" where it adjusts intensity based onoon phase. You can also set those points as only having the "moonlight" channel on so it'll be the cool white/yellow hue

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you want the white moonlight that comes with the 16hd or blue moonlight like comes with the Current USA? I have the 16hd and the Current and set up my 16hd with blue moonlight. First turn moonlight off then when your at the time when your light turns off(everything at 0) leave your blue at like 4 and press the check mark then move to when you want to turn off and set blue at 0 and press the check mark.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reeferburns

Reeferburns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you want the white moonlight that comes with the 16hd or blue moonlight like comes with the Current USA? I have the 16hd and the Current and set up my 16hd with blue moonlight. First turn moonlight off then when your at the time when your light turns off(everything at 0) leave your blue at like 4 and press the check marked then move to when you want to turn off and set blue at 0 and press the check mark.
I was just looking if I could set like a moonlight after the daylight cycle has turned off/ fade from daylight into a moonlight phase like the current marine does.

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just looking if I could set like a moonlight after the daylight cycle has turned off/ fade from daylight into a moonlight phase like the current marine does.
You can, that's how I have mine set(16HD). 1st picture shows my settings at 8 PM when lights shut off(except royal blue), 2nd shows setting at 8 PM after I pressed edit lower left hand corner. At 8PM all colors shut off except royal blue which I have set at 1%. I then press the check mark on the left side of screen .Now the screen in the 1st picture comes back. I move the yellow line to 1 AM(the time I want the royal blue to shut off) press the edit again and set the royal blue to 0. Press the check mark.
DSC02753.JPG
DSC02751.JPG
DSC02752.JPG

OP
OP
Reeferburns

Reeferburns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can, that's how I have mine set(16HD). 1st picture shows my settings at 8 PM when lights shut off(except royal blue), 2nd shows setting at 8 PM after I pressed edit lower left hand corner. At 8PM all colors shut off except royal blue which I have set at 1%. I then press the check mark on the left side of screen .Now the screen in the 1st picture comes back. I move the yellow line to 1 AM(the time I want the royal blue to shut off) press the edit again and set the royal blue to 0. Press the check mark.
DSC02753.JPG
DSC02751.JPG
DSC02752.JPG
Thank you so much! Just got it all set up!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back