AI Prime - Disconnected from App and Internet

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, Monday night I installed my new AI Prime, connected to the MyAI app, and online so I could load an internet profile to it (David Saxby program).

My question is, I tried connecting to the app last night, but I was unable to do so, and I was also unable to connect via the internet. As long as I'm not looking to change the program, do I need to reset the light and reconnect it, or just leave it alone?

Thanks!

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your phone on the home wifi that you setup the primes too?

I sometimes forget that i need be to turn wifi on my phone sometimes when i goto to play with mine.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, wifi on my phone is set to my regular home network, same that i set the prime up to. I'm also not able to connect from the online portal (which was able to do yesterday).

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try unplugging and plugging back in forcing to pair again with the network.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already did that and no dice. I'll try it again later tonight. Like I said, as long as it's running the program that I installed on it, I'm happy to just leave things alone. But i'll try again later tonight

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So..really not sure what's going on. The light is functioning correctly on the schedule, but I'm unable to connect through the app, or through the online portal. I don't plan on making changes to the light in the near future so it's not a big deal, but I just can't get it reconnected.

I'll let y'all know if anything changes.

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So..really not sure what's going on. The light is functioning correctly on the schedule, but I'm unable to connect through the app, or through the online portal. I don't plan on making changes to the light in the near future so it's not a big deal, but I just can't get it reconnected.

I'll let y'all know if anything changes.

I had the same issue a while ago after power reset. You can also click and hold the small button on the back of the light until the color (green i believe) starts to blink so you can pair again. But as you said, if you are not to make any changes, then just let it run. You can also connect to it directly, one of your available wifi access points on your phone or ipad will show up as a serial number for the light, that way, you are connecting directly to the light via its wifi point vs going through the internet. If you dont see it under your phone, hit that button on the back to broadcast its signal.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Do you know if you can add the various programs directly through the app? That's my one concern, this David Saxby profile I'm running has a lot of different points, and part of me doesn't want to mess with it, if it's working

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Do you know if you can add the various programs directly through the app? That's my one concern, this David Saxby profile I'm running has a lot of different points, and part of me doesn't want to mess with it, if it's working
Yes, you can. I recommend an ipad for that though, easier. You can also modify Saxby’s schedule, that is what I did.

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what’s the color in the back showing? If it’s connected to the wifi then it should be solid green.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back