AI Prime Fuge Settings

Rostato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I was looking for fuge lights last week and came across the pre order for the AI Prime Fuge light. It’s much cheaper than its kessil counterparts so I bought one.

They are still showing pre order, and AI still doesn’t have them on the website...so I. It sure how I got one so fast.

So, just like all AI lights, they come with no preset settings.

Here are the 4 channels they come with and my current starting settings. Any suggestions? I’m going to try and borrow my clubs par meter to see how much power it’s got.

So far, for a fuge light it’s awesome. So much controllability. I put it in acclimation mode so I don’t fry my chaeto.

4A27F1D6-6505-4F7B-9412-4E801E050A4F.png

Evand68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for more info too. I have this light on my display refugium, and running a somewhat reverse photo period against my DT. At the peak it's both red channels at 60, uv at 45, and white at 15. During the day I have the reds off, and both uv and whites at 10 just for my viewing pleasure. Macro seems to be growing nicely. Red gracilaria started off as a golf ball size, and I notice it branching more every day. My "moss rock" has definitely fluffed out a lot. The pom pom gracalia has also gotten thicker, and brightened up.More time will tell though. I don't know much, and am learning as I go.
20190215_202201.jpg
Screenshot_20190215-201623_myAI.jpg
Screenshot_20190215-201746_myAI.jpg

NaH20nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I will be getting one in the somewhat near future.

NaH20nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worth mentioning...I have a manifold running a little flow in my fuge (hopes were that it would tumble). No such luck. So I manually flip it every other day or so.

OP
OP
Rostato

Rostato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here.

I have had great growth as well. But I think I let the chaeto get too big and didn’t have enough flow in the fuge. So then it got overrun with cyano or something similar.

Evand68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried red gracilaria, and red pom pom macro first. All the red bleached out, so I have taken it out. I also put mermaids fan, and a shaving brush in. The fan and brush have both sprouted new shoots (one for the fan. And two for the shaving brush). Also, the rock covered in turf you can see above is thriving. Makes me think I should stick with green types of macro. I may end up getting some cheato, but I dont want to block the light from the ground dwelling macro. Any suggestions that are not caulerpa?

reelredfisah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is up and running now 1.5 weeks seems to be working great. Was not real sure on the settings to be honest wished they had some pre settings for different types algae. Problem I am having is light spill into chambers on each side. Don't want to lower it further. I seen someone had some deflectors on each side but not sure what they used.

Sley1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is up and running now 1.5 weeks seems to be working great. Was not real sure on the settings to be honest wished they had some pre settings for different types algae. Problem I am having is light spill into chambers on each side. Don't want to lower it further. I seen someone had some deflectors on each side but not sure what they used.

I’ve had mine running a week now, I just guessed on settings they are 60% for red and deep red and violet, 30% cool. 10 hour reverse photo period.
Seem to be getting some good growth already.
I saw that Devin from Reef Dudes was working on some 3D printed side shields that he said are almost ready to maybe be mass produced with VCA aquatics?? Waiting to see..[emoji1303]

OP
OP
Rostato

Rostato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still growing a slimy sludge over the top of my chaeto. It keeps killing it. Is it the light, or something else I wonder.

Evand68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it like a greenish slime stuck, but blows off? I have that too. Waiting for cheato still, but mermaids fan and shaving brush are doing good. The turf rock does seem to be turning a bit yellow, while the underneath is much greener. I do not know if it is the light, or a combination of the light and redsea NOPOX
20190410_100424.jpg

OP
OP
Rostato

Rostato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s very thick, green sludge /slime. I dunno. It’s really frustrating
Does not blow off. It chokes out the chaeto

OP
OP
Rostato

Rostato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just threw away 3/4’s of my chaeto due to it. I’ll rummage through the trash later.

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SHoot yeah they seem like they are unbeatable unless you go with kessil 80 but then you just dont get all you do with the AI. I love this I think I am making the right choice changing over to the AI models. There has always be something that has pulled me to AI and now I feel better making the change. thanks for the info

Back