AI Prime HD-Apex

Bill_Moorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As most of you know, the newest firmware update allows Apex users to control AI Prime HD lights. I’ve gone through the update but haven’t paired the lights with my Apex yet. Has anyone done so?

I have a few questions:

1.) Will I be able to use profiles like you can from the AI website?
2.) How does the cloud mode work/look?
3.) If you have the light set up as parent and child, would cloud mode work, or does each light need to be a parent?

OP
OP
Bill_Moorman

Bill_Moorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately those questions aren’t directly answered in the guide. I read the entire thing before posting.

All the guide says is that you “can” have a parent and child, for simplicity but you lose flexibility, and that you “can” enable random cloud mode.

It also says you can save a scheme and look at other peoples schemes, but it doesn’t directly say that you can import your saved profile that you are currently running.

Edit to add: I don’t know if the cloud mode will work with a parent/child...I’d love it to have a cloud move from one side of the tank to the other.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - the morning coffee is just now starting to lubricate my brain ;)

You cannot import a lighting schedule from MyAI.

A child does the exactly the same as the parent, including cloudy effects. The effects are random - some people like it, some don’t. My best advice is to try it and observe for a while. You will not be able to do a programmed cloud sweep effect. But if you do not use parent/child (and the lights are each independently controlled), I believe you can get more varied cloud effects because each light is handled separately- I have not tried this though.

OP
OP
Bill_Moorman

Bill_Moorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha no worries. I am drinking my coffee too!

How difficult is it to remove the lights from Apex once they are added if I end up preferring the AI app overall?

My corals are growing like weeds and I worry I won’t be able to replicate the profile I am using (one of the preset ones from AI) and my corals will suffer.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Removing is as simple as deleting the IOTA module for each light. Then put the lights back into Auto in MyAI; if you have not removed your schedule(s) from MyAI, then it will just resume using them.

BTW, the AI support is currently considered to be open/public beta, and there is an area on the Neptune Systems Community Forum dedicated to that beta effort. That would be the best place to post about it until it is fully finalized and released.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you do not use parent/child (and the lights are each independently controlled), I believe you can get more varied cloud effects because each light is handled separately- I have not tried this though.
I just tested this - cloudy affects are concurrent on all lights.

OzarksReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've added an IOTA module for my Prime lights and cannot delete it. The "delete outlet" option doesn't seem to work for any of my outlets through fusion (no graphic "X" shows up for deletion). Any suggestions before I jump on the phone with Neptune?

Aqua Lab Aquaria

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've added an IOTA module for my Prime lights and cannot delete it. The "delete outlet" option doesn't seem to work for any of my outlets through fusion (no graphic "X" shows up for deletion). Any suggestions before I jump on the phone with Neptune?
Did you ever figure this out? Having the same issues.

vhuang168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you trying to delete from the Outputs page or the Modules page?

Attached IOTA devices need to be deleted from the Modules page.

Michael Hull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using MyAI for my three Hydra 26s and just paired them over to the Neptune. However, I think I prefer myAI. Unfortunately, I deleted the modules from Apex Fusion but they seem to not be fully dropping control, because I thought I had gotten back to auto on MyAI but it keeps just cutting off totally. I’ve rebooted APEX and the lights but not getting anywhere.... thoughts?

Superbean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also having issues. The lighting controls don’t come up and it shows up as an unknown model but does recognize it as AI. What do I do to make this work?

murzilka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing is happening to me. I changed password on myAI, it helped temporarily. However, after some time APEX took control again! PLEASE HELP!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back